Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 02:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Urgent Help Required !!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Urgent Help Required !! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 08:17
Hi,

I gave GMAT for first time in OCT 2010. I attempted GMAT second time this April 28th 2011. I missed the bus again. I had prepared for around 2 months for my 2nd attempt. I am writing this post after a month, since I wanted to take my mind off the GMAT after failing twice. I had prepared well during both my attempts. I am unsure what is going wrong during the real exam. I have been doing pretty decent during my mock tests.

Material that I covered -

OG - 10, 12
Verbal Review - 2nd edition
Quantitative Review - 2nd Edition
CR - CR Bible - made short notes of all the question types, solved and reviewed all the problems from OG 10
SC - MGMAT, aristole - made short notes using both the books, solved and reviewed all the problems from OG12
RC - RCs from OG10 and few from OG12 - used strategy to make short notes during exam. Strategy was working well during mock tests.

Quant - Used MGMAT books, solved all the problems from OG12

Mock test scores -

MGMAT 1 - 660 ( Q-43, V-37) - Used extra 10 minutes for verbal
MGMAT 2 - 700 ( Q-47, V-39) - used extra 5 minutes for each section
MGMAT 3 - 660 ( Q-43, V-37) - used extra 5 minutes for each section
MGMAT 4 - 730 ( Q-49, V-40) - used extra 5 minutes for each section
MGMAT 5 - 710 ( Q-49, V-37) - used extra 5 minutes for Quant
MGMAT 6 - 660 (Q - 49, V-32) - finished on time
GMAT Prep 1 - 700
GMAT Prep 2 - 650 ( few questions repeated)

Something should be going wrong. I scored lower than any of my practice test scores. Experts, please suggest me what can I do to clear the GMAT hurdle. My target schools are CBS, NYU, Wharton, and ISB. But these schools, now just look like a dream. Anything helpful will be appreciated. I am planning to give one more try, but this time I want to be sure what I am doing.

If any of you can please suggest any online course that might be helpful. How is GMATPill or Knewton?

Thanks,
Akhil
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Boston U
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 57

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent Help Required !! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 22:38
I didn't get you main question/problem. You missed the boss.
Timing seems a great problem in you

Ambition, Motivation and Determination: the three "tion"s that lead to PERFECTION.

World! Respect Iran and Iranians as they respect you! Leave the governments with their own.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent Help Required !! [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 13:36
My question is since I was doing reasonably good in mock tests, but still I failed to get good score in real one. How should I develop my strategy? Since this has happened now twice. My first GMAT attempt was 590, despite of preparing well.

I got 620 (Q:47, V:29) in my 2nd GMAT attempt. These was my lowest score (total, verbal) of all my practice tests.

Is there any good online course or on-demand videos that could help me attack the problems quickly and correctly.

Thanks for the help !
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent Help Required !! [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 15:56
Maybe your nerves got the best of you.. I really think that plays a huge role in your final performance.. If you're a quite calm person that can easily control these emotions, perhaps you can start keeping an error log like most of us do here.. I started keeping one and it really helps a lot!

Let us know how it goes!

Good luck
Re: Urgent Help Required !!   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2011, 15:56