Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Urgent-Need advise on rescheduling Gmat

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Urgent-Need advise on rescheduling Gmat [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 17:32
I have scheduled my gmat on 1st of June. I got a score of 460 (Q38 V 16)on my gmat prep. Should I postpone my gmat as I am no where near my expected score of 650+ or consider writing the gmat as a experience since I would loose 250$ completly cause of rescheduling within 7 day. Would it affect my changes when I apply to bschools as all scores would be reported.

Thanks in advance.. Your view would be helpfull.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 08-30-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Urgent-Need advise on rescheduling Gmat [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 04:26
Wow...that is literally tomorrow! Yes, I would reschedule only because it is that close...you have to think of it in terms of the fact that if you do poorly, not only will you have to pay the additional fee, but youd have a bad mark and have to wait 30 days to retake. Also, may be beneficial to hear some of the feedback from the new test before you write again...mine is in 1.5 months and I am thinking of rescheduling! Best of luck, jeep us updated!
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 646 [0], given: 6

Re: Urgent-Need advise on rescheduling Gmat [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 17:48
Expert's post
airnav2002,
If you know you are going to score really bad, you are better off not taking the exam so the score is not on your record. It's also possible that you take the exam, then when you finish do not hit the button to finalize your score. Once you calculate your score on the screen, you cannot go back and undo that. If you do NOT calculate your score, your score will not be calculated and you won't see any score on your report.

This way, it allows you get your $250 worth by taking the exam and you can experience exam-like conditions, but you won't know how you actually did and what you got right or wrong. You won't know your score.

If you feel practice is good for you with no score, then go ahead and try this. Otherwise, it might be better to just reschedule for another time - just keep in mind the new exam begins June 5 and you'll have to spend more time preparing for the integrated reasoning section.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Urgent-Need advise on rescheduling Gmat   [#permalink] 30 May 2012, 17:48