Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 05:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Urgent:Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Urgent:Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2011, 03:16
Hello GMATclubbers,

My profile:
B.E(Computer Science) 2009
CGPA: 5.9/10 :cry:
Work Experience : Own Business (3 years)

I want to know that will GMAT be a good option or not?

If yes, than what should be the least score to get into a good college and what all college can I apply to?

If no, then what other options do I have?

Please help me

Thanks

8-) Life is 1 but, CS is 1.6 :lol:
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent:Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2011, 10:06
Sorry to cut into this thread but the curiosity is killing me -- why is this an urgent request??

My blog: http://www.theapplicationist.blogspot.com/
My application status: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595.html#p983273

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent:Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2011, 10:35
Quote:
It would have be of great help if you have had replied with something from which I can get my answer rather than showing your curiosity..
Its urgent for me. And i my urgency bothering you so much? No offense.
Please help me

Sure, happy to help.

I don't know what you mean when you ask whether GMAT would be a good option or not. Do you mean GMAT vs. GRE? If so, I'm not sure from the information I'm given, it will really just depend on which test you're most comfortable with. Keep in mind that many schools still don't take the GRE, but I'm not sure which schools you're even applying to, so I have no idea whether this applies to you. Or are you asking "should I go to business school?" In general that's a personal decision, but if you wanted anyone to help you make that decision, you're going to have to be more specific than you are in your original post. What are your career goals? Where are you from and where do you want to work? Heck, what are you even doing right now? Maybe you'll find that once you answer these questions, you won't need an online forum to decide your carer path for you.

In terms of the "least score" needed to get into a good business school, 700+ is always a good target but again I have no idea (a) which schools you're applying to or (b) what you mean by a "good" school to begin with. In terms of your other options... what do you mean other options? Options if you don't take the GMAT? Options if you don't go to business school? I am absolutely bewildered by this question.

I think many of your questions can be answered by just reading the websites of the schools you're interested in. They often have "class profiles" which show average GPA, GMAT, employment salaries, etc. of people at that school.

Your urgency doesn't offend or bother me. I'm just wondering how it could possibly be urgent to begin with. Applying to business school is a time intensive process, and by the time most people decide "whether GMAT is a good option", they've already done months if not years of research and contemplation. The fact that you need this kind of basic help urgently suggests that you've done very little of that research yourself, and that you plan on making an urgent career/life decision based on the advice of an online forum.

My blog: http://www.theapplicationist.blogspot.com/
My application status: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595.html#p983273

Re: Urgent:Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2011, 10:35