Regarding your queries:
1.Please evaluate my profile for UT Austin, Indiana Kelly, Emory, Kenan Flagler, USC Marshall.These seem to be OK. But as per your profile, I would recommend Haas, Duke, SMU-Cox, Cornell, Tepper, Ohio-Fisher, Georgetown-McDonough, Wisconsin-Madison & Vanderbilt. As the average GMAT Score for these B-Schools fall in between 620-740 range you have possibility of being accepted for 2013 intake.
2.What are my chances of scholarship at the schools mentioned above?Depend upon school to school & are gauged by application essays
3.What are the other schools I should try?You can try your chances in b-schools by clicking to http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool
It is highly advisable in your case to focus on your application evaluation essays. This is where you can demonstrate your leadership traits, accomplishment, and other abilities. A well presented and perfectly written essay is absolutely critical to make a strong case for yourself during the final interview.
Hope this would be helpful. Feel free to post any other doubt or concern that you might have.
I am thinking of applying for US B Schools for fall 2013 admit. I started late and hence could not gather much info. Before its too late, I need some input so that I can apply before Jan deadline.
Here is my profile..
I am an Indian IT Male
10th – 91.18% (Top 5 in the school)
12th – 96% (Top 10 in the school)
Engineering – 75.4 (First Class with distinction)
GMAT – 690 – Q48 V37
• I have been working with an Indian IT Services company for the past 6 years.
• In my Current role as SME, I am mentoring a team of 15-20 members across different geographies
• I have been a module lead
• Have a couple of awards at my workplace. One of the youngest to get star of the month award.
• Have an international experience of 11 months. Have interacted with people from different cultures throughout
• Have been recommended for client facing role by each of my managers
• Passed the HSK Level 2 Listening and Reading (an internationally recognized Mandarin Language Certification). This is equivalent to A2 in CEFR for languages. Also passed HSK Beginner spoken test
• Have worked with an NGO. Was the Centre Head for a team of 20 volunteers and 25 students
• Was the Vice Captain of Inter Corporate Cricket tournament
• Represented college in zonal level football competitions
Goal: To Switch from IT to Consulting
I have the following questions
1. Please evaluate my profile for UT Austin, Indiana Kelly, Emory, Kenan Flagler, USC Marshall.
2. What are my chances of scholarship at the schools mentioned above?
3. What are the other schools I should try?
4. If I improve my GMAT score in April/May, will these schools consider that for scholarship (after admission offer is made)?
General Education- Empowering Intellect