Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 06:56

Starting Soon:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Urgent - Profile Evaluation for Jan 2013 deadline

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Urgent - Profile Evaluation for Jan 2013 deadline [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 16:37
Hi,

I am thinking of applying for US B Schools for fall 2013 admit. I started late and hence could not gather much info. Before its too late, I need some input so that I can apply before Jan deadline.

Here is my profile..

I am an Indian IT Male 
Acads:
10th – 91.18% (Top 5 in the school)
12th – 96% (Top 10 in the school)
Engineering – 75.4 (First Class with distinction)
GMAT – 690 – Q48 V37

Work Ex:
• I have been working with an Indian IT Services company for the past 6 years.
• In my Current role as SME, I am mentoring a team of 15-20 members across different geographies
• I have been a module lead
• Have a couple of awards at my workplace. One of the youngest to get star of the month award.
• Have an international experience of 11 months. Have interacted with people from different cultures throughout
• Have been recommended for client facing role by each of my managers

Extra Curricular:
• Passed the HSK Level 2 Listening and Reading (an internationally recognized Mandarin Language Certification). This is equivalent to A2 in CEFR for languages. Also passed HSK Beginner spoken test
• Have worked with an NGO. Was the Centre Head for a team of 20 volunteers and 25 students
• Was the Vice Captain of Inter Corporate Cricket tournament
• Represented college in zonal level football competitions

Goal: To Switch from IT to Consulting
I have the following questions
1. Please evaluate my profile for UT Austin, Indiana Kelly, Emory, Kenan Flagler, USC Marshall.
2. What are my chances of scholarship at the schools mentioned above?
3. What are the other schools I should try?
4. If I improve my GMAT score in April/May, will these schools consider that for scholarship (after admission offer is made)?

Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 6

Re: Urgent - Profile Evaluation for Jan 2013 deadline [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 00:32
Hi Dare2try,

Regarding your queries:

1.Please evaluate my profile for UT Austin, Indiana Kelly, Emory, Kenan Flagler, USC Marshall.
These seem to be OK. But as per your profile, I would recommend Haas, Duke, SMU-Cox, Cornell, Tepper, Ohio-Fisher, Georgetown-McDonough, Wisconsin-Madison & Vanderbilt. As the average GMAT Score for these B-Schools fall in between 620-740 range you have possibility of being accepted for 2013 intake.
2.What are my chances of scholarship at the schools mentioned above?
Depend upon school to school & are gauged by application essays
3.What are the other schools I should try?
You can try your chances in b-schools by clicking to http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

It is highly advisable in your case to focus on your application evaluation essays. This is where you can demonstrate your leadership traits, accomplishment, and other abilities. A well presented and perfectly written essay is absolutely critical to make a strong case for yourself during the final interview.

Hope this would be helpful. Feel free to post any other doubt or concern that you might have.

Cheers!!
Neha

dare2try wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of applying for US B Schools for fall 2013 admit. I started late and hence could not gather much info. Before its too late, I need some input so that I can apply before Jan deadline.

Here is my profile..

I am an Indian IT Male 
Acads:
10th – 91.18% (Top 5 in the school)
12th – 96% (Top 10 in the school)
Engineering – 75.4 (First Class with distinction)
GMAT – 690 – Q48 V37

Work Ex:
• I have been working with an Indian IT Services company for the past 6 years.
• In my Current role as SME, I am mentoring a team of 15-20 members across different geographies
• I have been a module lead
• Have a couple of awards at my workplace. One of the youngest to get star of the month award.
• Have an international experience of 11 months. Have interacted with people from different cultures throughout
• Have been recommended for client facing role by each of my managers

Extra Curricular:
• Passed the HSK Level 2 Listening and Reading (an internationally recognized Mandarin Language Certification). This is equivalent to A2 in CEFR for languages. Also passed HSK Beginner spoken test
• Have worked with an NGO. Was the Centre Head for a team of 20 volunteers and 25 students
• Was the Vice Captain of Inter Corporate Cricket tournament
• Represented college in zonal level football competitions

Goal: To Switch from IT to Consulting
I have the following questions
1. Please evaluate my profile for UT Austin, Indiana Kelly, Emory, Kenan Flagler, USC Marshall.
2. What are my chances of scholarship at the schools mentioned above?
3. What are the other schools I should try?
4. If I improve my GMAT score in April/May, will these schools consider that for scholarship (after admission offer is made)?

Thanks.

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: Urgent - Profile Evaluation for Jan 2013 deadline   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2012, 00:32