Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 11:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Urgent - Should I look at OG 10th edition before powerprep?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Urgent - Should I look at OG 10th edition before powerprep? [#permalink] New post 21 May 2006, 15:48
Hi,

I have an old OG review, 10th edition (paper) and I've just registered for GMAT and I can take powerprep CAT test (downloadable).

Since the powerprep uses the same questions as the OG, is it a good idea to take a look at theOG before the powerprep CAT test? Or since the OG is an old one, I can safely read the OG.

Pardon the "Urgent" in the subject - my GMAT is just 2 weeks away, and I'm not well prepared, so every day wasted is 7% time gone - hence the urgency.

Thanks in anticipation of the reply.

Kapslock

Who says elephants can't dance?

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent - Should I look at OG 10th edition before powerpr [#permalink] New post 21 May 2006, 16:00
kapslock wrote:
Hi,

I have an old OG review, 10th edition (paper) and I've just registered for GMAT and I can take powerprep CAT test (downloadable).

Since the powerprep uses the same questions as the OG, is it a good idea to take a look at theOG before the powerprep CAT test? Or since the OG is an old one, I can safely read the OG.

Pardon the "Urgent" in the subject - my GMAT is just 2 weeks away, and I'm not well prepared, so every day wasted is 7% time gone - hence the urgency.

Kapslock

Kapslock,

Are you talking about PowerPrep or GMATPrep.

If is PowerPrep, then don't look at the OG 10 because almost all of the questions in PowerPrep are covered in OG10

The questions in GMATPrep, for the most part, are different from the ones in OG. And one more tip: Most members have suggested that GMATPrep can be taken more than two times too. The questions seem to not repeat even after taking the test twice.

Good Luck!
-Giddi

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."

- Bernard Edmonds

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent - Should I look at OG 10th edition before powerpr [#permalink] New post 21 May 2006, 16:47
giddi77 wrote:
kapslock wrote:
Hi,

Kapslock

Kapslock,

Are you talking about PowerPrep or GMATPrep.

If is PowerPrep, then don't look at the OG 10 because almost all of the questions in PowerPrep are covered in OG10

The questions in GMATPrep, for the most part, are different from the ones in OG. And one more tip: Most members have suggested that GMATPrep can be taken more than two times too. The questions seem to not repeat even after taking the test twice.

Good Luck!
-Giddi

Ummm, you are right Giddi, it was GMATprep !! Maybe you guessed that that's the software tests you get when you app for GMAT. Thanks for clearing the confusion !!!

Thanks so very much !!

Kapslock

Who says elephants can't dance?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 May 2006, 09:10
Yeah, you can use the 10th edition OG with the new GMATprep, since there shouldn't be any real overlap. That's not a bad idea at all.

Good luck in the homestretch!!
  [#permalink] 22 May 2006, 09:10