Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

US Citizen potentially looking to pursue accounting in India

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

US Citizen potentially looking to pursue accounting in India [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 21:08
Hi,

So basically, despite having lived in America all my life, given that I am of Indian origin, I have been interested in potentially pursuing a career there, especially given the growth opportunities and since all of my extended family is there. Eventually, I either see myself getting into controller/CFO type positions at a company and travelling back and forth between the India/US, staying in public accounting but advising India and US clients, or staying in India. The reason I'm kind of moving away from the US is because I see a lot more opportunity for growth in India and a greater chance to make an impact.

The big problem, however, is that in the US one needs a CPA to be an accountant, but in India, you need the CA designation. Therefore, I'm wondering, given my goals, what would be the best way to get over this hurdle? I guess I could take both exams, but that is very time consuming and I'm just wondering if there are better ways of going about doing this aside from attaining both designations.
US Citizen potentially looking to pursue accounting in India   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2010, 21:08