Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
Squalie, can you post the next tier as well please.

Here you go.....

29. Michigan State
Texas A&M
U of Washington
Wisconsin
Washington U in SL

34. Penn State
Vanderbilt
36. Rochester
37. Florida
UIUC
39. Boston C
Notre Dame

41. ASU
Babson
Boston U
BYU
45. Tulane
46. UC-Davis
U of Georgia
48. Rice
49. Wake Forest
50. U of Iowa
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks dude. Same as last year, we haven't budged. Darn.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
IHATEMELGIBSON1 wrote:

But I'm only 24 with nothing special work wise. HOwever, I do have multiple medical letters explaining why I did bad. I'm probably gonna get around 48-27/30 on the test for a 610-640

Don't send them the medical things - explain loosely in essay 4 that there is an explanation. I chose to do that and haven't noticed anything I would consider adverse in reaction (I also deliberately neglected to mention what I was suffering from, but that the school were aware).

It's tricky - I think there is a level of explaining things that you feel they need to be aware of, but not going into detail to make like you are excuse-making for things. They need to judge you on who you are now. Knowing you were sick at school is helpful, knowing what exactly was the matter - for me - is unnecessary.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:

No prob, well you are a solid top 30 school not bad at all!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:

Nevertheless, until we get that $100M facelift next year, we won't look even half as glamorous as Rice does :oops:

What happened to your old avatar?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just got confirmation that the Notre Dame numbers were mis-stated. They have their employed 3-month after graduation % at 79.6 - which is significantly lower than most schools on the list; the real number is 96%. This misstatement is the reason they dropped to #39 from #31. USNews can't change the ranking now, but they are going to update the % numbers on the website..so they say.

I know I shouldn't dwell on the rankings so much..but still, this bothers me.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
squali83 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:

Nevertheless, until we get that $100M facelift next year, we won't look even half as glamorous as Rice does :oops:

I changed it, I kept looking at the pic and almost quiting my job to move there! I figure it was the avatar or my job and unfortunately the avatar lost. BTW, I did not know UW was getting a new facility! That rocks that it will be ready for your first year!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
MoonShine wrote:
I just got confirmation that the Notre Dame numbers were mis-stated.

I know I shouldn't dwell on the rankings so much..but still, this bothers me.

MoonShine - you are clearly confident of your own abilities. If you are, I am sure you will have no problem getting employed. Determination is part of things.

Maybe Notre Dame has a lot of people who are desperately seeking the job that even a top school can't assure. Especially if they want something really odd and specific. It must happen, and if it is more than 90% and you clearly want a career, not a company, you will be fine.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
squali83 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:

I changed it, I kept looking at the pic and almost quiting my job to move there! I figure it was the avatar or my job and unfortunately the avatar lost. BTW, I did not know UW was getting a new facility! That rocks that it will be ready for your first year!

New facilities yes, ready by next year no. They are breaking ground now and scheduled completion is in 2010. As an (future) active alumni I may get to see it though :-D
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
squali83 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:

New facilities yes, ready by next year no. They are breaking ground now and scheduled completion is in 2010. I'm going to try to convince Gates and Allen to accelerate the project by infusing an additional $500M tax deductable donation. Seriously, we can see their backyards from across lake Washington (w/binoculars) :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
[#permalink]
it hurts, BYU is fallin,failin,faintin - '06 -29, 07 - 34, 07 - 41 :shock: :shock:
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
squali83 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
squali83 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:

It can't hurt, and if all else fails I would jsut move the school into one od their hosues!
New facilities yes, ready by next year no. They are breaking ground now and scheduled completion is in 2010. I'm going to try to convince Gates and Allen to accelerate the project by infusing an additional $500M tax deductable donation. Seriously, we can see their backyards from across lake Washington (w/binoculars) :-D
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
it hurts, BYU is fallin,failin,faintin - '06 -29, 07 - 34, 07 - 41 :shock: :shock:

I wouldn't be overly concerned. BYU has some major surprises in store for 08 and beyond which will inevitably move them back up. The gossip on campus now is how to rebuild their curriculum and expand facilities in order to increase appeal for international students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
USC cracked into the top 25 .. fight on! ..and what happened to Univ of Rochester? I dont see it on the list at all!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
Dilshod wrote:

I wouldn't be overly concerned. BYU has some major surprises in store for 08 and beyond which will inevitably move them back up. The gossip on campus now is how to rebuild their curriculum and expand facilities in order to increase appeal for international students.

I think they are taking a beating coz USNews people like coffee... :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interesting.. Error in USNews ranking confirmed

https://www.nd.edu/~mba/momentum/index.shtml
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]