Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

US NEws Ranking

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

US NEws Ranking [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2006, 05:47
Hello.

Firstly I thank you for all ur advices in this forum. I must let u know tht ur opinion has helped us make the best career/school choice.

secondly, i would like to know how is the US NEWS MBA RAnkings viewed n America. is it consdered authentic and seriously. besides there are othere ranking indexes such as Business News and Forbes. since am in the process of selectig a offer outta a few schools, the ranking is also one of my main parameters.

hence kindly let me now which rankings shud i look at. couz The US news 2007 rankings ranks Vandy 49th however the businessweek as ranked vandy n the top 30 programs. Florida(warrington) doesnt even feature in the top 50 however in the US News its ranked as 41st.

looking forward for ur opinion and comment.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: US NEws Ranking [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2006, 04:01
Expert's post
k12345 wrote:
Hello.

Firstly I thank you for all ur advices in this forum. I must let u know tht ur opinion has helped us make the best career/school choice.

secondly, i would like to know how is the US NEWS MBA RAnkings viewed n America. is it consdered authentic and seriously. besides there are othere ranking indexes such as Business News and Forbes. since am in the process of selectig a offer outta a few schools, the ranking is also one of my main parameters.

hence kindly let me now which rankings shud i look at. couz The US news 2007 rankings ranks Vandy 49th however the businessweek as ranked vandy n the top 30 programs. Florida(warrington) doesnt even feature in the top 50 however in the US News its ranked as 41st.

looking forward for ur opinion and comment.

k12345,

US News' rankings are viewed as being both authentic and serious in the U.S. There is nothing flaky about their methodology and I consult them as often as I do Business Week's rankings. I am frankly not sure why Vandy placed so differently in the BW and USN rankings. Personally, I tend to favor WSJ's rankings because they are based on the input of the people who ultimately will offer you (one hopes) a job: corporate recruiters. FYI, WSJ ranks Vandy no. 21 on its Regional Schools Ranking (it has separate International Schools and National Schools rankings).

For more on rankings, you may want to tune into Accepted.com's chat, "The Right Way to Use Rankings."

Hope this helps,

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog