Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 21:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 20:56
Very good information for all of us.
We really proud of this.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2011, 16:06
Can somebody please update the table with latest information including deadlines? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 11

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2011, 10:01
How does the Boston University part-time MBA compare against these programs ?

If Electricity comes from Electrons , Does Morality come from Morons ??

If you find my post useful ... then please give me kudos ......:)

h(n) defined as product of even integers from 2 to n
Number N divided by D leaves remainder R
Ultimate list of MBA scholarships for international applicants

Intern
Intern

Unsubscribe topic [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 05:50
Can someone please help? How do I unsubscribe from getting emails about new postings? In the past Ive requested email notification on a few threads I was following and would like to not continue receiving the notification.
Thanks,
Brad
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: University of Rochester (Simon) - Class of 2014

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 08:45
Does anyone know where University of Rochesters stands in the PMBA program relative to the top schools?

Equities Analyst Middle Office- Citigroup
MBA - Finance
University of Rochester - Simon School of Business (2013)

Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Toastmasters Club, Multicultural Center, Dept. of the Interior
Schools: SUNY, UMass, NYU, MIT, UC BERKELEY, UCLA, Georgetown, Hofstra, DePaul, USC
WE 1: Government-(DOI)-National Park Service & Bureau of Land Management
WE 2: Sales
WE 3: Customer Service

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 14:45
NYU was ranked low by businessweek because it would be obviously one sided, subjective, and unfair if the mayor of new york decided to rank the 1st 10 schools as harvard, john hopkins (his alma maters) and the rest from new york...too much on it as is perhaps???...go with your guts and consider the rankings to a certain degree but realize that they could be arbitrary and insignificant or for the benefit of a greater cause...its difficult for me to grasp that studying business in iowa holds more marketability internationally or nationally than studying as a post graduate of business in new york, chicago, the bay area, boston, dc, or la. again, the rankings may be for a greater cause and place an agenda that acknowledges all regions of america as holding business leaders...applying to nyu for fall 2012 and could care less about the ranking...like bloomberg-i got my own ranking system...the only reason that part time programs are ranked differently is because magazines want to win favor and market as many schools as possible. i see little difference between part time, full time, and even in certain circumstances ONLINE since your diploma will read the same and an employer is probably not going to know when all is said and done anyway.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 03:42
does ranking really matters ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 11:47
I believe ranking do matter, since some company only recruit at top business school. :-D
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 12:56
Hi All,

The rankings mentioned in the original post seems to be the rankings for 2009.

Is there any latest ranking list like say 2010 or 2011.

Regards,
Ckarimanoor
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Brand Management (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 19:53
The Businessweek rankings seemed off to me in a lot of ways too 1 both for FT and PT.

When you look at their PT Ranking method, one major aspect is:

"To determine which programs are tops in academic quality, we combine six equally weighted measures: average GMAT score, average student work experience, the percentage of teachers who are tenured, average class size in core business classes, the number of business electives available to part-timers, and the percentage of students who ultimately complete the program."

Average work experience is EQUAL to GMAT score?!!! Come on now B-week, you can't rank a school higher bc they let in older people...

Also can't believe tenured professors % and the other factors are weighted equally. Truly awful ranking, which is a shame bc the other aspect of their ranking where they ask companies to rate graduates would actually be valuable if it werent muddied with all the bs in quotes above. Surprised Schools like Berkeley, UCLA, and CMU even make it up high on the list.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2013, 14:42
This is great information, albeit a bit old. Is there any other source for updated rankings and score range for part time programs in US?
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 146

Kudos [?]: 915 [2] , given: 873

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2013, 21:44
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
sajidkhan1001 wrote:
This is great information, albeit a bit old. Is there any other source for updated rankings and score range for part time programs in US?

Here are the articles on updated rankings
http://blog.accepted.com/2013/11/25/bus ... -for-2013/
http://blog.accepted.com/2013/11/29/bus ... -programs/

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Intern
Intern

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 14 May 2014, 23:27
Trying to determine a good mba program in eastern europe. Any ideas?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2014, 12:18
Hi,
I am a working professional with 6 years of IT experience and aspiring to do Part Time MBA. I am started studying for GMAT but not with 100% dedication or with good study plan. Can anyone please help me with any useful links or with guide where a working professional can reach his goal? Also the information here looks old and it would great help if someone can provide me the latest ranking of part time colleges.
Intern
Intern

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2014, 23:55
.I went to a part time program not on your list and I have had a successful career...a debit is a debit and a credit is a credit in the accounting class from my program just as in the accounting classes in the programs on your list...the only difference is that the programs on your list PAID you to put their name on the list...
Intern
Intern

Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2014, 00:27
U.S. News puts a numerical rank on 212 part-time programs when the available data could never support a credible ranking that deep. In fact, ties among schools are ever present, an acknowledgement that the underlying scores are so close that many assigned ranks are statistically meaningless.
but i have a lot of resumes are there it can be helped if you study an MBA resume with the writing person.
Re: US Part Time MBA Rankings, Class Profiles and Comparison   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2014, 00:27