Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 00:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

US Resident Vs. US Citizen

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

US Resident Vs. US Citizen [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 08:50
Hi Alex,

Will a US resident compete against his/her home country's / region candidates for admission or would he/she be compared with US citizens? Being and underrepresented minority myself, I'm guessing that I would be better off being compared to other minorities in the US, where I have lived for nearly 15 years.

Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 528 [0], given: 0

Re: US Resident Vs. US Citizen [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 09:19
As I mentioned in another thread, "diversity" has less to do with what you declare in the application form, and more to do with what you talk about in your essays and interviews.

It's about your own individual experiences and perspectives. Not every American (of any race, and even within the same race) is the same. Neither is every international student. When b-schools talk about diversity, it's not just about superficial surface level facts (i.e. what your official legal status is), but what you can bring to the table as an individual - and whose experiences may be informed or a byproduct of the culture you were brought up in as well as a culture/sensibility that you may have since adopted later in your childhood/adult life. In other words, it's not cut-and-dried like many applicants may think.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: US Resident Vs. US Citizen   [#permalink] 02 May 2011, 09:19