Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 23:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

USA B schools for my profile

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 90
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 79

USA B schools for my profile [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2013, 08:28
Hi,

I am looking for a top B school in the USA.

My profile looks like the following:

Name: Sridhar
Age: 27
Nationality: Indian


Work Experience:

Total experience in years: 5 years and 1 month

Company worked for: Infosys Limited

Brief description of job:
Joined Infosys in July 2008 as a fresher and underwent generic and stream specific (Network) training in Infosys Mysore Campus till Jan 2009.

Systems Engineer – Jan 2009 to March 2010
Senior Systems Engineer – April 2010 to Sep 2011
Technology Analyst – Oct 2011 to present
Expecting to become Technology Lead in Oct 2013

International Experience – 13 months in Paris, France at the client location (worked on behalf of Infosys)
Led a team of 6 in Paris (client location) between April 2012 and May 2013.
Currently leading a team of 4 for a different project.

Education Background:

10th Standard
School – Lawrence School, Lovedale (Nilgiris District)
Board – CBSE
Percentage– 81.8%

12th Standard
School – SRV Higher Secondary School, Rasipuram
Board – Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Education
Percentage – 94%

Under Graduation
College – Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering (SVCE), Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
Discipline – Electronics & Communication Engineering
Percentage – 63%

GMAT:
Date Taken – 27-01-2012
Total – 660
Quants – 48 (78%)
Verbal – 33 (67%)
AWA – 5.5

Extra Curricular Activities:

• A passionate runner. Completed two semi-marathons and one 10 km run in Paris, France.
• Completed one 10 km run for a NGO, Kaagaz India in Bangalore.
• Completed three levels of LA Cuban Salsa from the Russian Cultural Center, Chennai in 2009
• Completed the short term type writing course. Can type at 45 words per minute without looking at the keyboard.
• Played the bugle and trumpet for the school band between class 7 and 10.
• Vice President of the Leo Club, a social club in Engineering College

I am looking for a career in management consulting in operations or strategy after my general management MBA.

Could you please evaluate my profile and let me know the top B schools that I can apply to in the USA.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,
Sridhar
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4861
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 346 [1] , given: 64

Re: USA B schools for my profile [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2013, 21:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
sridhar9504 wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a top B school in the USA.

My profile looks like the following:

Name: Sridhar
Age: 27
Nationality: Indian


Work Experience:

Total experience in years: 5 years and 1 month

Company worked for: Infosys Limited

Brief description of job:
Joined Infosys in July 2008 as a fresher and underwent generic and stream specific (Network) training in Infosys Mysore Campus till Jan 2009.

Systems Engineer – Jan 2009 to March 2010
Senior Systems Engineer – April 2010 to Sep 2011
Technology Analyst – Oct 2011 to present
Expecting to become Technology Lead in Oct 2013

International Experience – 13 months in Paris, France at the client location (worked on behalf of Infosys)
Led a team of 6 in Paris (client location) between April 2012 and May 2013.
Currently leading a team of 4 for a different project.

Education Background:

10th Standard
School – Lawrence School, Lovedale (Nilgiris District)
Board – CBSE
Percentage– 81.8%

12th Standard
School – SRV Higher Secondary School, Rasipuram
Board – Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Education
Percentage – 94%

Under Graduation
College – Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering (SVCE), Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
Discipline – Electronics & Communication Engineering
Percentage – 63%

GMAT:
Date Taken – 27-01-2012
Total – 660
Quants – 48 (78%)
Verbal – 33 (67%)
AWA – 5.5

Extra Curricular Activities:

• A passionate runner. Completed two semi-marathons and one 10 km run in Paris, France.
• Completed one 10 km run for a NGO, Kaagaz India in Bangalore.
• Completed three levels of LA Cuban Salsa from the Russian Cultural Center, Chennai in 2009
• Completed the short term type writing course. Can type at 45 words per minute without looking at the keyboard.
• Played the bugle and trumpet for the school band between class 7 and 10.
• Vice President of the Leo Club, a social club in Engineering College

I am looking for a career in management consulting in operations or strategy after my general management MBA.

Could you please evaluate my profile and let me know the top B schools that I can apply to in the USA.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,
Sridhar


Sridhar,

Consider Purdue, Smeal, Broad, and Kelley.

Best,
Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 90
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 79

Re: USA B schools for my profile [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2013, 08:32
Thanks for your reply Linda.

Do you think I have a real chance to get admissions in these universities. Though you would not be able to say in exact terms, on the whole do you think my profile fits into these schools?

Regards,
Sridhar
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4861
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 346 [0], given: 64

Re: USA B schools for my profile [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2013, 17:34
Expert's post
sridhar9504 wrote:
Thanks for your reply Linda.

Do you think I have a real chance to get admissions in these universities. Though you would not be able to say in exact terms, on the whole do you think my profile fits into these schools?

Regards,
Sridhar


Sridhar,

yes. I do.

Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 90
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 79

Re: USA B schools for my profile [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2013, 01:43
Thanks Linda,

I did some more extensive research and came up with the following schools:

Texas Austin McCombs
UNC Kenan-Flagler
Emory (Goizueta)
Indiana Kelley
Rochester Simon
OSU Fisher
Purdue
Tulane

Please let me know my chances in each of these schools and also let me know how the placements (with regard to strategic or operations consulting) are in these schools.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Regards,
Sridhar
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 90
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 79

Re: USA B schools for my profile [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 23:31
Accepted.com wrote:
sridhar9504 wrote:
Thanks for your reply Linda.

Do you think I have a real chance to get admissions in these universities. Though you would not be able to say in exact terms, on the whole do you think my profile fits into these schools?

Regards,
Sridhar


Sridhar,

yes. I do.

Linda



Dear Linda,

Finally after a lot of rejects from Krannert, PSU, Foster and Fisher, I now have admits from 3 schools with good scholarships.

1. Tulane Freeman - 60% scholarship
2. Mason School of Business - 60% scholarship
3. George Washington University - 50,000 $ scholarship.

Please could you help me choose the best among these from an Indian student's point of view. Since all these schools are providing me almost the same scholarship, I would like to choose the best school in terms of placements for International candidates, cost of living in/around campus and a better university in terms of facilities.

Also, I intend to be a strategic consultant in the manufacturing industry after my MBA.

Please help me in choosing which one.

Regards,
Sridhar
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4861
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 346 [0], given: 64

Re: USA B schools for my profile [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 14:00
Expert's post
sridhar9504 wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
sridhar9504 wrote:
Thanks for your reply Linda.

Do you think I have a real chance to get admissions in these universities. Though you would not be able to say in exact terms, on the whole do you think my profile fits into these schools?

Regards,
Sridhar


Sridhar,

yes. I do.

Linda






Dear Linda,

Finally after a lot of rejects from Krannert, PSU, Foster and Fisher, I now have admits from 3 schools with good scholarships.

1. Tulane Freeman - 60% scholarship
2. Mason School of Business - 60% scholarship
3. George Washington University - 50,000 $ scholarship.

Please could you help me choose the best among these from an Indian student's point of view. Since all these schools are providing me almost the same scholarship, I would like to choose the best school in terms of placements for International candidates, cost of living in/around campus and a better university in terms of facilities.

Also, I intend to be a strategic consultant in the manufacturing industry after my MBA.

Please help me in choosing which one.

Regards,
Sridhar


Sridhar,

I am not that familiar with these programs. I would check their employment stats and cost of living info. My guess is that Tulane is the best for you, but check the data.
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
USA B schools for my profile sridhar9504 0 27 Aug 2013, 08:34
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic USA B schools for my profile sridhar9504 4 27 Aug 2013, 08:32
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic USA B schools for my profile sridhar9504 3 27 Aug 2013, 08:31
Experts publish their posts in the topic USA B schools for my profile sridhar9504 5 27 Aug 2013, 08:21
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic USA B schools for my profile sridhar9504 6 27 Aug 2013, 08:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

USA B schools for my profile

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.