Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 10:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 593 [0], given: 114

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2011, 20:16
FYI, this thread is almost 3 years old. I would repost your question in a totally new thread so that everyone can see you question more easily.

There are really too many factors to be considered to tell you about how your GPA will affect your chances. To be clear though, there are many people that have gotten into top schools with low GPA's. Not only can the GMAT help you overcome that, but every other part of your application. A 2.99 is not a death sentence at all. Plus, the farther you get away from undergrad, the less your GPA matters. You also have your CPA, which is a plus, and in most cases will allow you to skip some classes when you get your MBA.

For you to get a better answer I would pose your question here ask-admission-consultants-124/ and give as much info as you can. Include:

Desired schools
GMAT score
GPA
Extracurriculars
Etc....

With this information, you will get great responses. Also, you mentioned that you are planning on getting a 700. With the GMAT being such an important part of your application, it is hard to say how you application will look without having it completed yet. A 700 is no easy task, and could take 100s of hours of studying. It might be worth while putting all your effort towards the GMAT, and start considering the rest of your application once you have that in the bag. 700+ in 90th percentile and above, you're competing with talented individuals from around the world. the difference between a 650 and 700 is large, but may only be a few questions on test day. Give us some more info, put your post in the right area, and I'm sure you'll get some great advice.

Also, to help show you that you can have success, here is an example of admissions with low GPAs. profiles-admitted-to-top-b-schools-w-low-gmat-or-low-gpa-73999.html?kudos=1 and here low-undergrad-gpa-success-stories-79977.html Do a search on GMAT club, there are plenty of places to see advice and boost your confidence. Good luck!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2012, 09:14
Any recently interview to be admitted to USC?
I have an interview in next 20 days.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 06:25
badini0891,

Thank you for your response.

I am really nervous.
Is there any other thread(s), which working on USC interview?

badini0891 wrote:
You know this thread is really old?

But anyway, the interview isn't something to freak about. Just relax. I interviewed with Shirley and she's very friendly. Be yourself. A few questions they asked that I remember off the top of my head are:
1) Why Accounting?
2) What are your plans after the MAcc?

they also asked a few questions that are really easy to answer like:
- why did you apply to the schools you applied to? and how are you going to chose the school you would want to go to?
- did you get any admits yet?

Those are a few questions I remember. The rest of the interview was more of her explaining about housing and things about the program itself rather than her asking me questions. She also asked me if I had any specific questions about the program so think about things you'd like to ask her.

I felt from the interview that they already wanted to admit me. The interview felt more like just an assurance that you're actually a good candidate. She even told me at the end of the interview "we'll let you know about our decision in two weeks, but it's most likely a yes anyway."

Good luck in the interview (to both of you) and tell us how it goes :) hope to see you in the program in June (or August if you're a Fall applicant) !

Last edited by meweadl on 12 Mar 2012, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 07:02
I am not sure when Shirley asks me "do you have any questions for me?" what should i ask her? Almost i know every thing i need! In addition, i wont tell her "no question, thank you!"

Any idea?
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 11:49
badini0891, thank you

I am gonna ask her about the relationship of students and professors to involve in practical projects or writing papers, as MACC does not have any thesis. Is this suitable?

Did you be interviewed only by voice or video conference held?

Shirley will interview me on Mar. 26, '12.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 03:04
Yes, that seems fine in my opinion. My interview was a video call through skype. She's really easy-going. You'll like her :)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 14:29
Just had my interview with Shirley.

I agree with the posters above, she was very friendly and easy going, definitely made me feel comfortable.

Some advice: Know your resume really well, have a few questions prepared for her, and know your reasons for pursuing accounting.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 23:21

Last edited by badini0891 on 25 Feb 2014, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 02:35
mdunne530,

Hope you get admission.
Would you like to share final result of interview with us?
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 00:34
I was actually interviewed on January 26 and got accepted a few days or a week later.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 21:33
my application rejected!

Last edited by meweadl on 08 Apr 2012, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 00:10

Last edited by badini0891 on 25 Feb 2014, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 01:18
yes, i did.
3 others. They are in process.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 15:23
Hey Guys,

Newcomer here. Got invited to interview tomorrow 4/10. I am interviewing with Jenna Buonanno. Anybody interviewed with her? Any last advice?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 19:29
I have almost the same Profile infro. as yours.
GPA 3.7
Major: Journalism
GMAT: 680 with 4.0 AWA
Working experiences: 3 years in financial industry in China.

I applied on Mar. 16 and did not receive any response yet. Also, a bit nervous about the incoming result.

tfortory wrote:
Thats awesome ccn! Congrats!

How long is it taking USC to invite you for the interview after you apply? I completed my application on March 1 and haven't heard from them yet and I'm getting a little nervous. My stats aren't really great or really bad, just kind of in the middle.

GPA
UC San Diego 3.6
San Diego CC 3.14 (I was a transfer student)
Cumulative around 3.35

GMAT 680 (90% verbal/60%quant)
4.5 AWA

How long did it take you guys to hear from USC regarding the interview invite or rejection notice : (
How do my stats look?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 00:28
Initiative ability review phrases

Positive
• We appreciate how Jim approaches situations with a “can do” attitude.
• Koo consistently takes initiative in difficult situations and finds a resolution.

Negative
• Fred does not step forward when new tasks or projects arrive and always relies on other people to take a chance.
• Peter lacks the confidence necessary to try new things and take on new tasks.
If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: humanresources.hrvinet.com/accounting-analyst-interview-questions/

Best regards.
Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared   [#permalink] 16 May 2012, 00:28