Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 18:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

USC MBA PM vs. Ross - EMBA Los Angeles vs. UCLA EMBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

USC MBA PM vs. Ross - EMBA Los Angeles vs. UCLA EMBA [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 17:04
I am wondering what everyone's opinion among these 3 top programs.

I am looking for a program that will educate me on how to build a start up from ground up. I want to be a entrepreneur some day so I value a school with a strong entrepreneurial specialty. I don't have a particular start-up in mind but I'm hoping something will ignite after I've going thru the MBA program. As I back up, I want to go to a reputable school to help me change careers in case my start-up dreams don't succeed.

USC has a strong network and a strong entrepreneurial track but its a 3 year program and they've struggled with the rankings these past few years.

Ross EMBA is ranked the highest among the 3, but the Los Angeles Program seems to be more of a distance learning. It lacks club and social interactions valuable for networking in a MBA program. Also it is a lock-step program for General Management, so no entrepreneurial specialty.

UCLA is best of both worlds, but its difficult to get into. I have a low GMAT score, so the chances of me getting in are slim.

What are your thoughts for all three schools?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 112

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 114

GMAT Tests User
Re: USC MBA PM vs. Ross - EMBA Los Angeles vs. UCLA EMBA [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 09:37
I would go with UCLA if you can get yourself in. They have the best entr. program of the 3, and are solid ranked with great connections. EMBA programs are generally much easier to get into than full time programs, so make sure you consider that when applying. EMBA programs will be more based on your experience and future goals.

All 3 options would be good for someone in your position though. But if you want for interactive learning I would go with less distance learning and more group/hands on learning so you can network with your classmates.

Good luck

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Re: USC MBA PM vs. Ross - EMBA Los Angeles vs. UCLA EMBA   [#permalink] 30 May 2012, 09:37