Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 17:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

USC MBA.PM vs SDSU MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

USC MBA.PM vs SDSU MBA

• 66% [2]
  • 33% [1]
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

USC MBA.PM vs SDSU MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 08:50
Hi Everyone,

I recently got accepted into USC's MBA.PM program and SDSU's MBA program. I am planning to continue to work full time while I attain my MBA and am currently in a predicament.

My company will be reimbursing me $10,000 per a calendar year for my graduate degree which will cover SDSU's entire tuition and partially for USC's (estimated cost: $108k).

I currently work in corporate finance in San Diego and am planning to stay in this career path ultimately striving to become a CFO.

I wanted to know if carrying on the debt from USC is worth it in the end.

Thoughts/Questions:
2 year commitment to company after graduating. Are companies recruiting willing to pay off debt owed to prior employer?
Going to USC, I will have to maintain my current role since it is extremely flexible so I may commute to USC and telecommute to work on my own schedule.
Going to SDSU, I can continue to progress my career while I attain my MBA and take on a new role.
USC's network > SDSU's network; is the network worth it in the long run? Does the USC name diminish as I continue to gain experience and employers will care more greatly about my experience than education?

Thanks for any input and the vote!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [1] , given: 23

Re: USC MBA.PM vs SDSU MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 10:25
This post received
KUDOS
There are tons of Marshall alums in San Diego and the two schools you're comparing have such a gulf in class that you could park a Nimitz class aircraft carrier between them. (No disrespect to SDSU) Since you're fortunate enough to have a job which is flexible on being physically present at work, I think USC is the way to go.
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: USC MBA.PM vs SDSU MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 11:39
Thanks for the feedback. I guess it's just hard for myself to justify taking out a large loan for MBA school at the moment when I'm still paying off loans for my undergraduate degree.
Re: USC MBA.PM vs SDSU MBA   [#permalink] 15 Apr 2013, 11:39