Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Dec 2014, 12:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

USC MBT or University of Arizona MACC?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

USC MBT or University of Arizona MACC? [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 21:27
Although this may seem like a no brainer on the surface, I must get a few points across. 1) I want to end up working in Phoenix 2) my girlfriend will be at Arizona State for the next three years 3) I would hate to end up in Los Angeles (grew up there) 4) my resume is terrible 5) I was offered a TA position at University of Arizona 6) U of A will only cost me 16,000 to attend including housing 7) USC will cost me more than 33,000 to attend. 8) I already have 42,000 in student debt and no savings. 9) My UGPA is 3.87 Psych and accounting What do you guys think?

Do I have a shot at landing a big 4 job in Phoenix from USC?

Last edited by exitlane10 on 24 Apr 2011, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: USC MBT or University of Arizona MACC? [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2011, 13:32
exitlane10 wrote:
Although this may seem like a no brainer on the surface, I must get a few points across. 1) I want to end up working in Phoenix 2) my girlfriend will be at Arizona State for the next three years 3) I would hate to end up in Los Angeles (grew up there) 4) my resume is terrible 5) I was offered a TA position at University of Arizona 6) U of A will only cost me 16,000 to attend including housing 7) USC will cost me more than 33,000 to attend. 8) I already have 35,000 in student debt and no savings. 9) My UGPA is 3.87 Psych and accounting What do you guys think?

Do I have a shot at landing a big 4 job in Phoenix from USC?

Yes, it does seem like a no-brainer, so why are you even asking? Actually, I think you're asking because you have every reason to go to U of A but your intuition/ego is telling you to go to USC & you want some of us to deflate it.

Why do you want to work in Phoenix? Is it because your girlfriend is in Arizona? Or do you just like Phoenix that much? (Not bashing Phoenix or anything, it just seems like a curious place for someone to be that passionate about.)
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MBT or University of Arizona MACC? [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2011, 19:57
USC would cost me only 42,000 including living expenses.

Last edited by exitlane10 on 22 Apr 2011, 21:34, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC MBT or University of Arizona MACC? [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2011, 21:58
I spent a week in Phoenix, not much to go on, yet I enjoyed my stay. I would not mind spending the next four or five years there. I would feel very disappointed to end up in Southern California.
Intern
Intern
Schools: ND - Alum, was accepted to WM, Olin.
Followers: 1

Re: USC MBT or University of Arizona MACC? [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 14:18
USC = better recruiting nationwide

U of A - most people go to Phoenix (Big 4)

If you want to go to Phoenix then U of A would be better.
Re: USC MBT or University of Arizona MACC?   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2011, 14:18