Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

USC partial scholarship vs TX

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2011, 18:22
I know TX is #1, but is there that big a difference between them and USC? I'm stuck with a decision between a 35% scholarship to USC vs. having to pay the entire cost to TX. It would be nice to go to the #1 accounting school, but beyond the ranking I'm not sure if TX provides me with any greater value to pass up the USC offer. What do you guys think? Is the TX program worth it?
Intern
Intern
Schools: USC MAcc

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2011, 20:43
I also received 35% scholarship from USC and never applied to UTA for a few reasons, my undergrad is in accounting and UTA does not offer more extensive, in depth classes than what is covered in undergrad, where USC does. I also want to work in Southern California so USC was an obvious choice. USC has great relations with the accounting field in the Southern Cali area, big 4 plus many more firms, private companies, and the SEC. USC gives you many freedoms in choosing your courses, where UTA seems restricted in their course offerings. I am obviously bias towards USC, maybe someone who likes UTA can tell you what they like about it. In my opinion, #4 is just as good as #1, especially if you like the school and program better.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2011, 17:58
I don't think there's much difference between these 2; not worth it to go to UT without scholarship if you got one with USC
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2011, 14:46
What are the terms of the scholarship?
Intern
Intern

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2011, 16:32
The terms were that I would be willing to serve as an Ambassador if asked and that I would represent myself with honor and pride.
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2011, 16:49
gmatready7 wrote:
The terms were that I would be willing to serve as an Ambassador if asked and that I would represent myself with honor and pride.

That would actually look quite nicely on your resume so you might as well take the money and do it anyway. The difference between UT and USC is marginal, I would take the money and enjoy the beautiful SoCal weather.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 17:20
I live in SoCal (about 15 minutes from USC). The weather sucks and the city is ugly. Hope you enjoy high taxes, heavy traffic, tons of pollution, and jerky ass people.
Intern
Intern

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 17:35
When did u apply to USC?
Intern
Intern

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 21:12
I applied in December. I did not accept the offer though. I'm deciding between Texas (pay my own way) and Ohio State (Graduate Assistantship 50% tuition waiver).
Intern
Intern
Schools: UT, USC, GWU, BC, WFU, UGA

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2011, 20:44
I applied in December. I did not accept the offer though. I'm deciding between Texas (pay my own way) and Ohio State (Graduate Assistantship 50% tuition waiver).

go to osu. i got waitlisted from texas and need people to reject them so theres a spot for me. =)
Re: USC partial scholarship vs TX   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2011, 20:44