Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

USC vs UCLA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 06-17-2012
GRE 1: 1450 Q740 V710
GPA: 3.16
WE: Project Management (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

USC vs UCLA [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 21:11
Hi everybody,

I want get your opinion on the reputations of USC and UCLA both in the States and internationally. I want to go get my MBA in So Cal if possible and pursue a career in healthcare consulting. However, I also want to keep my options open as far as where I am able to get a job after graduation. I know both schools are pretty strong in their local markets but how do their reputations carry across states and countries? Is there a particular area outside California that either school has a strong reputation in such as Europe, Pacific Rim, South Asia, South America, etc.? Also, I know UCLA is higher ranked than USC but is the difference big enough that I shouldn't even bother with USC? Would love to hear your opinions. Thanks!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 1

Re: USC vs UCLA [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2012, 06:58
This post received
KUDOS
I consider both schools to be regional schools, which Anderson having a leg up on Marshall. For consulting, Anderson will have an edge. If you look at each school's employment stat, Anderson attracts higher tier consulting companies. I don't think the gap is bigger enough to not apply for Marshall. You must have a good reason in looking at So Cal schools, but I noticed that you are also applying for INSEAD. INSEAD is a great school, but the employment opportunities are limited to Europe/Asia. If you are not stuck on So Cal for MBA, I would also advise you to looking other programs with a strong emphasis on healthcare and attracts MBB recruiting: UPenn - Wharton and Duke - Fuqua.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: USC vs UCLA [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 09:26
hello, i know that usc has a very strong alumni network in socal but does the alumni network have a presence in norcal as well? i would like to ultimately work in the bay area but I couldn’t really find a definite answer whether or not usc places a good number of graduates in norcal.
Re: USC vs UCLA   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2012, 09:26