Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 11:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Used GMATPrep, and did the exam very quick, got 230. bad?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Used GMATPrep, and did the exam very quick, got 230. bad? [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2006, 17:41
how bad is my score? i did this very quickly....
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2006, 08:09
Assuming you are serious - a 230 is ranked as the 0%th tile. That is, 100% of people did better than a 230. I'm not sure how to say it nicely, so I'll just say it, a 230 is very low. The GMAT score reports don't even list scores below a 230 with their own percentiles.

If you tried the GMAT without any studying, I'm not suprised you did not do well. For many people, taking the GMAT without any studies will result in a poor score.

Do not despair though, many people here have pushed their scores up a lot with studying.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2006, 08:40
the lowest score you can get on the GMAT is a 200 ... i dont know if you guessed on all the questions but i would sugest to read the forum and learn what the gmat is all about
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2006, 12:27
i did the exam in 40 min...i was guessing, just wanted to see what score it will be....

that is cause i didnt know the scores...

:)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2006, 12:56
Dont waste the most useful practice exam you can take this way...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2006, 19:17
Totally agree; you are going to completely waste practice test that way. Live and learn. Don't take another practice test until you learn more about the GMAT, do several practice questions, and are ready to be serious about it. Otherwise you're wasting your time as well as tests.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

[#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2006, 09:24
Well, you've learned what not to do... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Seriously, and I assume you want to do well on the real deal, the first step in preparation is to set your mind to the task. So, think of the matter like so -

The preparatory exams you use are meant to get you ready for the GMAT exam. Each of them is unique, and essentially has no value once taken, except as a teaching tool, so you want to take them in the same serious manner as you will the formal test itself. A practice test, once taken, will show you where you are strong, and where you need work. Many students compile an error log to track where they need to improve. The best way to get an accurate assessment from these tests is to take them under real-world conditions as best you can. Four hours, stopping for breaks, trying to get them all right, and answering everything, including the AWA portion, even though that's not part of the formal score.

The GMAT is the sole standard examination accepted at major business schools, and can make all the difference in getting accepted to your first choice ... or even your second and third. Competition to get into a top school is very, very tough, so even a small difference in your GMAT scores can decide whether you are in or out. While grades and your resume and essay and reference letters will be factors, for many schools you won't get a second look unless your GMAT makes the cut.

The school you go to will determine the prestige of your degree, which in turn will determine what sort of positions, companies, and pay you may expect after graduation.

So, looking at the chain I have laid out here, you should be able to see that even these practice tests have a place in a crucial life decision, one of the biggest you will ever make, and not something you should be careless or casual about.

I don't want to stress you out, but it's important you understand why this is important. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2006, 09:46
drummond wrote:
The GMAT is the sole standard examination accepted at major business schools, and can make all the difference in getting accepted to your first choice ... or even your second and third. Competition to get into a top school is very, very tough, so even a small difference in your GMAT scores can decide whether you are in or out. While grades and your resume and essay and reference letters will be factors, for many schools you won't get a second look unless your GMAT makes the cut.

The school you go to will determine the prestige of your degree, which in turn will determine what sort of positions, companies, and pay you may expect after graduation.

i agree with drummond........ 101%

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

[#permalink] 10 Apr 2006, 09:46