Thinking of applying R1:
- GMAT - 760 (Q50 V42)
- Bachelors in Finance from West Chester University of Pennsylvania - Magna Cum Laude (3.65). Graduated May 2012. West Chester is a small state school. Due to the recession my family's business needed help so I attended the school closest. I worked full time and was able to make the company sustainable through restructuring and a targeted marketing campaign.
- USMC - 4 years active enlisted. Platoon Sergeant, Training NCO, Marksmanship Coach, and Communications section chief. Supervised, trained, and evaluated a team of 100 Marines in the performance of daily operations. Coordinated training and defined logistical requirements to ensure team remained 100% combat ready. I was an active reservist for another 3 years while I got my bachelors.
- Spent one year after graduation Established a global internal audit department focused on regulatory compliance and fraud prevention at a software company ($500 million annual revenue) with operations in over 50 countries.
- Currently work as a senior internal auditor Manage teams of 3 to 6 in conducting annual SOX 404 testing at over 20 independently operated manufacturing companies across the globe. In addition to own contributions, review work of peers and supervisors.
- Volunteer Work - Board Member at National Recognized Animal Shelter
Goal: Strategy Consultant
You have an amazing profile. USMC Sergeant + Magna cum laude + 760 = Getting in. (Oh yeah, you should also have fantastic essays and great recommendations too). I mean with all that active leadership and four years of enlisted service, schools should love you. PLUS you volunteered at an Animal Shelter! Bonus points.
And you have leadership at your current job. I totally agree that you can and should stick to Top 10 schools, and with a very well made application, should be able to get in.
Admissionado | Packages | School Guides | Team
If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!