Although the company’s founders certainly hoped that incorporating would increase their profit margin, no one, not even the founders, didn’t expect that the value of the stock would appreciate so quickly.
(C) 2008 GMAT Club - v02#25
* no one, not even the founders, didn’t expect
* no one, not even the founders, expected
* nobody, not even the founders, expected
* nobody, not even the founders, didn’t expect
* no one, even the founders, expected
1. No one...didn’t expect is a double negative and is incorrect
2. No one...expected is a grammatically correct phrase; not even is necessary to emphasize what the founders did not expect.
3. Nobody is incorrect.
4. Didn’t expect creates a double negative.
5. The parenthetical phrase must be not even the founders to emphasize that the founders are included in the group of people who had expectations for the stock.
The correct answer is B.
Please kudos if my post helps.