Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Valid reason for 2nd MBA ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Valid reason for 2nd MBA ? [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 06:49
Hey There ,

I am 29 gonna hit 30 this year . I plan to do a second mba from a top b-school . I have already done a PGDM (equal to MBA) in India .
I have 5 years workex post MBA . I have read that getting into a top bschool for a second MBA is very hard unless you have a really good reason . Hence , I want to share the reasons on WHY i did a PGDM in India and WHY I want another MBA from an international Bschool .
It would be very kind if you could evaluate the validity of the reasons and if this would be enough to convince the adcoms .

Why I decided to do an MBA at 23 (with 3 years work ex) in India :
1. I had a B.com and the job market for a b.com is EXTREMELY limited to accounting , auditing and sales representative jobs/positions .
2. MBA is "just another degree" here , as almost every person has one . Hence, For Finance jobs require a minimum MBA/CA degree.
3. I was interested in Finance and was fed up of a useless accounting job and hence , without haivng an option of doing a msc.Finance . I took up a MBA finance . Hence , used a MBA as a replacement to MSC.Finance .

Why I want another MBA :
1. I want to have a job which gives me leadership opportunities in a global market , so I can work at the top management level in a company and make decisions which effects the company/market globally .
2. It is impossible to leverage an Indian institute MBA (which are engineering centered mba's/bschools) in a global market (other than iim-A or isb hydrabad) . Competitors having a MBA from harvard/wharton/standford etc...
3. Want a more "Leadership" inspired MBA , rather than a "academic" intense MBA .

Would these reasons be valid ? and would they be good enough to convince the adcoms ?
Would love to know your views regarding it .

Requesting a reply ,

Fudge