Hey There ,
I am 29 gonna hit 30 this year . I plan to do a second mba from a top b-school . I have already done a PGDM (equal to MBA) in India .
I have 5 years workex post MBA . I have read that getting into a top bschool for a second MBA is very hard unless you have a really good reason . Hence , I want to share the reasons on WHY i did a PGDM in India and WHY I want another MBA from an international Bschool .
It would be very kind if you could evaluate the validity of the reasons and if this would be enough to convince the adcoms .
Why I decided to do an MBA at 23 (with 3 years work ex) in India :
1. I had a B.com and the job market for a b.com is EXTREMELY limited to accounting , auditing and sales representative jobs/positions .
2. MBA is "just another degree" here , as almost every person has one . Hence, For Finance jobs require a minimum MBA/CA degree.
3. I was interested in Finance and was fed up of a useless accounting job and hence , without haivng an option of doing a msc.Finance . I took up a MBA finance . Hence , used a MBA as a replacement to MSC.Finance .
Why I want another MBA :
1. I want to have a job which gives me leadership opportunities in a global market , so I can work at the top management level in a company and make decisions which effects the company/market globally .
2. It is impossible to leverage an Indian institute MBA (which are engineering centered mba's/bschools) in a global market (other than iim-A or isb hydrabad) . Competitors having a MBA from harvard/wharton/standford etc...
3. Want a more "Leadership" inspired MBA , rather than a "academic" intense MBA .
Would these reasons be valid ? and would they be good enough to convince the adcoms ?
Would love to know your views regarding it .
Requesting a reply ,
I hope you are well, thanks for writing here.
When you go for second MBA, you have to justify.
I would not confuse the ad com too much... simple story rules.
Just mention that you are planning to settle in X region, and you need to gain knowledge for that specific X region and the best way to gain the same is doing MBA from the region itself.
I would also add that you did your MBA 6-7 years back and it will be a nice opporunity to upgrade your knowledge with an international MBA
These adcoms or organizations do not bother even if you have MBA from IIM, Ahmedabad or ISB, you will learn more about this when you will study at international school as to why they do not care ?
Free Essay Editing Service