To answer your questions as best as possible:
1. I can’t say for sure, as I haven’t worked with clients seeking deferral for that purpose. However, looking at it from the adcom’s view, I’d be doubtful of getting a deferral from a top program for that reason. After all, it might make them question all the more whether you’d come to school if the venture continues to grow.
2. Not sure.
3. Most allow based on their review, but they are all pretty strict about that review. Decisions on 1-by-1 basis. It may also depend on the school’s overall situation at the given moment.
4. Usually through late spring.
5. After 32-33. 34 is getting into EMBA range.
6. Most do, you have to check specific schools’ criteria.
7. You have to check. Very rare in any event.
8. Unfortunately, a lot.
Senior Advisor, Accepted
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog