Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 19:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Verbal harder on the real GMAT...can you expand a bit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Verbal harder on the real GMAT...can you expand a bit [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2007, 13:16
I've read several posts that have said that the verbal portion was significantly harder on the real GMAT (as opposed to the difficulty difference with the quant). I was wondering if you can expand a bit more on that...are catching the mistakes on the SC harder, or are the passages getting longer/more complicating on the RC, etc?? As of now, I am finally feeling somewhat comfortable doing the verbal from doing the OG and 1000SC/CR (I am alot stronger on the quant and it was the verbal that was killing me) and was wondering how and/or what else I can do to better prepare myself for the verbal portion.

Any insight on the quant portion on the real GMAT will be appreciated as well. :o I am scheudled to take it early October. Thanks!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Verbal harder on the real GMAT...can you expand a bit [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2007, 16:19
gmat blows wrote:
I've read several posts that have said that the verbal portion was significantly harder on the real GMAT (as opposed to the difficulty difference with the quant). I was wondering if you can expand a bit more on that...are catching the mistakes on the SC harder, or are the passages getting longer/more complicating on the RC, etc?? As of now, I am finally feeling somewhat comfortable doing the verbal from doing the OG and 1000SC/CR (I am alot stronger on the quant and it was the verbal that was killing me) and was wondering how and/or what else I can do to better prepare myself for the verbal portion.

Any insight on the quant portion on the real GMAT will be appreciated as well. :o I am scheudled to take it early October. Thanks!!

I found RC and CR ok. To me, it was the SC that was much harder, more long winded sentences and more confusing even though I thought I had all my rules straight. I remember being confused about even the very first question on the verbal, which happened to be an SC. I am still not sure I got it right on the exam. CR was more straightforward than some of the questions you encounter here on the verbal section of gmatclub. Manhattan Series' Sentence Correction should be your SC bible if it isnt already.
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2007, 21:45
Frankly speaking i dint find verbal harder , i thought i would score at least a 38, but ended up scoring 34. I think the scoring has become bit harsh.
As far as quality of questions are concerned, i found it same as that of GMAT Prep 2.
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2007, 05:22
I did not find the questions any tougher than GMATprep in either of my two tests. In fact I found the questions to be harder when I scored 37 in V than when I scored 42.

To me RC was the biggest difference-the first time there were a couple of passages that took a lot of time to comprehend. The second time all four passages were very easy to understand, and hence the questions seemed relatively easy.

SC is of the same level as GMATprep.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2007, 06:41
Thanks for responding - really appreciate it! I will continue to attack those 1000 set problems - secretly at work ;)
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2007, 06:47
dosa which sets are you referring to?

dosa_don wrote:
I did not find the questions any tougher than GMATprep in either of my two tests. In fact I found the questions to be harder when I scored 37 in V than when I scored 42.

To me RC was the biggest difference-the first time there were a couple of passages that took a lot of time to comprehend. The second time all four passages were very easy to understand, and hence the questions seemed relatively easy.

SC is of the same level as GMATprep.

And again- I re-iterate, do the verbal parts of every the "Sets", they are invaluable.
  [#permalink] 17 Sep 2007, 06:47