Q) While depressed property values can hurt some large investors, they are potentially devastating for home owners, whose
equity- in many cases representing a life's savings - can plunge or even disappear.
1) they are potentially devastating for home owners, whose
2) they can potentially devastate homeowners in that their
3) for home owners they are potentially devastating because their
4) for home owners it is potentially devastating in that their
5) it can potentially devastate homeowners, whose.
The right answer is 1. But i am thinking, y it cant be 5.???It is stated that it
does not agree with property values
; can potentially
Please can somebody, kindly make the concept clear for me as soon as possible.
thank u in advance (who ever reads it)
The first thing we need to see is if we need a singular or plural pronoun.
Now, the antecedent is property values. If you're confused with property values
you can use "values" only and try to comprehend the pronoun to be used. Since values is plural; the pronoun has to be plural. 4 & 5 are eliminated.
(1) is the best from 1, 2 and 3.
If you have other questions, please feel free to ask.Kudos if my post helped.