Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Verbal: Question Distribution and Time Management

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Verbal: Question Distribution and Time Management [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2005, 19:47
Hello Freinds,
I have just started my prepration for the GMAT and the biggest challenge i face is of the time management. Please let me know what is the realtive distribution of the question in the verbal section with approximate number and the amount of time one should spend to solve such questions. How many RC, SC and CR questions are there?? Where should i spend more time? Any advise on how to take the Reading Comprehension? It very unpredictable some time i get 80 - 90 % corrct and some time just 20%. It really discouraging. PL advise what to do.
I have around 2 months for prepration.
regards.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V27
GPA: 3.73
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Verbal: Question Distribution and Time Management [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 16:56
maneeshkumar wrote:
Hello Freinds,
I have just started my prepration for the GMAT and the biggest challenge i face is of the time management. Please let me know what is the realtive distribution of the question in the verbal section with approximate number and the amount of time one should spend to solve such questions. How many RC, SC and CR questions are there?? Where should i spend more time? Any advise on how to take the Reading Comprehension? It very unpredictable some time i get 80 - 90 % corrct and some time just 20%. It really discouraging. PL advise what to do.
I have around 2 months for prepration.
regards.

Hello,
I am also relatively new in GMAT prep and on GMAT Club. However just gave GMAT PREP test and did some research about time management. I think accuracy in RC depends upon your comfort level with the subject topic and then obviously difficulty level of the passage. But this must be reason of variation in your RC accuracy.

While I am in search of better time management strategy for verbal, what I think is, while practicing verbal aim for less than one minute for SC, 1.5-2 minutes for CR and 5-6 minutes per passage and replicate same timely manner in test just don t look at the watch after every question. I am going to try this while practicing and on the next test I take. Let me know your thoughts.
Re: Verbal: Question Distribution and Time Management   [#permalink] 15 Sep 2013, 16:56