Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 19:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 25

Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve. [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 10:18
Please help me to improve Critical Reasoning and verbal score. Currently scores are too low around 20. Please suggest sonething.
Expert Post
Followers: 343

Kudos [?]: 2882 [0], given: 708

Re: Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve. [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 02:00
Expert's post
Manager
Manager

Re: Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve. [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 12:38
No,I don't take a look at sticky posts and announcements.Please provide the link for these sticky posts.If I am not wrong you are talking about the articles posted at forums?
Manager
Manager

Re: Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve. [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 10:31
Where would I found sticky notes and how are they useful in improving verbal score.Please let me know I am waiting for response.

Thanks
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 6

Re: Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve. [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 00:36
Hi Vikrant,

Verbal questions in GMAT follow repetitive pattern and can be classified in 6-7 buckets. So, until one is a native english speaker or has a good command on English language, trick should be to analyse these patterns and treat verbal as a test of analytical skills (much like math) and not a language test.

How to improve depends upon the preparation stage you are in. If you have just begin, may be self study through some good material may help you improve. On the other hand, if you have already put decent efforts and are still not able to crack verbal, then opting for professional coaching might help you. You may also visit http://bit.ly/XKxOPd to know more about online GMAT classes.

Hope that helps..

Cheers!
Neha Singh

Best Wishes
Neha Singh
Get personalized MBA Application Consulting
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Click here to look at some of the Testimonials for our awesome work

Try our GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 02-22-2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve. [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2013, 09:50
Hey guys, I want to say few words about my story. I took GMAT and scored 470 Quantitative 25, Verbal 25. Then after one month i retook it again and scored 420 :((( Quantitative 38 but verbal 9..... I am going to take GMAT one more time and i have 2 months to prepare for that. My target score is no less than 570 ; >570 . please give me any advice or suggestion how to beat GMAT and increase my score from 420 to =>570 or more. recently, i have used Kaplan's new GMAT PREMIER 2013 book to study.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 01-18-2014
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve. [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2013, 22:33
ibsuman wrote:
Hey guys, I want to say few words about my story. I took GMAT and scored 470 Quantitative 25, Verbal 25. Then after one month i retook it again and scored 420 :((( Quantitative 38 but verbal 9..... I am going to take GMAT one more time and i have 2 months to prepare for that. My target score is no less than 570 ; >570 . please give me any advice or suggestion how to beat GMAT and increase my score from 420 to =>570 or more. recently, i have used Kaplan's new GMAT PREMIER 2013 book to study.

Hi ibsuman,

So sad to hear !

Please try to complete OG 12,OG 13 before appearing for the test. Normally you will get similar pattern & questions in the real exam and OGs can help you a lot. You can also refer Kaplan for quants, SC Aristotle Guide for SC and Powerscore CR Bible for CR. Game Plan can help you a lot with SC as they have many quizes.

Please refer to Verbal Study Plan here:

study-plan-for-verbal-gmat-98342.html

Good Luck !

Cheers,
BG

Hit 'Kudos' if you find my post helpful

OG 13 Verbal Directory: official-guide-verbal-question-directory-og-13-and-og-161949.html#p1121171
Question Of the Day: http://gmatclub.com/blog/category/blog/ ... s/?fl=menu
Extreme Collection of 2000 PS & DS: 1001-ds-questions-file-106193.html?fl=similar
CR Tips & Approach to arrive at Best Answer: cr-methods-an-approach-to-find-the-best-answers-93146.html

Arise, Awake and Stop not till the goal is reached. I won't stop till I hit 700+

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 5

CAT Tests
Re: Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve. [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 17:01
vikrantgulia wrote:
Please help me to improve Critical Reasoning and verbal score. Currently scores are too low around 20. Please suggest sonething.

IMO - Create and memorize a decision tree for how you plan to analyze each question type on the exam.

A little kudos never hurt anyone. :)

Re: Verbal score too low. Guidance to improve.   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2014, 17:01