Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
[#permalink]
Deleted

Originally posted by SepidehGazeri on 03 Oct 2003, 12:37.
Last edited by SepidehGazeri on 25 Apr 2008, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wonder_G,

You might want to check your timing on verbal. Did you guess the last 10 questions or something like that? Did you rush thru the first 10?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
SepidehGazeri:
Yep, I got bored too. I get bored when I do verbal practice even. I thought questions were ok, just lost interest and attention. I think I'll have to build the tolerance now.

I studied Kaplan 2003 and OG. But didn't do much of verbal from OG. I think that was my biggest mistake. I sooooooo should've! BUT not making the same mistake again.

Yoda:
I think I'll have to practice more and better for timing now. I tried to be very careful with first 10 questions but I think I must have gotten at least two wrong. I was hit with RC from the second question (questions 2 - 6) and at the 9th question (questions 9 - 12). I ended up guessing on last 11 questions too.

And in general, I got nervous at one point too. So that was a BIG mistake. I was doubting my judgement, not good! But that won't happen again. I'm working a little on Quant along with Verbal, I want to get 50 on Quant and at least 37 on Verbal.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
SepidehGazeri:
Yep, it's true... I get bored!!! Right when I start studying the CR questions, I get almost all correct. But after doing about 20 or so, I start getting bored and lose attention. I think the problem is ETS makes it so wordy and run long setences. So it's like a girlfriend who just doesn't stop talking/complaining, and you eventually start tuning out. :roll: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Get PR's Verbal Workout instead...honestly, they're much better at verbal. Try their techniques, practice with the OG, and you'll do better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 488 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I took the GMAT last Saturday, and like all of you guys.. I felt bored and lost attention in the middle of Verbal section. I was feeling pretty good and confident after I finished my Q, and was smiling to myself during the 5 mins break before V. Little did I know what ETS had in store for me. I think I messed up the 2nd V question which was a wordy CR. I spent a long time on it and still wasn't sure if I got it right. Consequently, I couldn't concentrate on the following RC passage either, and screwed up the rest of my verbal.

Moral of the story.... Once you hit 'confirm answer' button, forget about that question and move on!!! I know it's hard to do so.. but that's what I should have done.

Anyway, I could manage a meagre 680 ( q48, v35)

I wanna retake and kick some ETS ass this time!!! :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hii
i am getting poor scores because of RC
i have done all RC from OG and kaplan
now from where do i get RC to practise from
i think repeating the same RC wont help
actually i take a lot of time with RC that i eventually fall short of time in case of SC and CR (i am comfortable with them)
but still i am getting 25 in PR
70%wrong in RC
90%correct in CR AND SC
i will be taking GMAT after a month
but i get lost while practising RC .infact i have stopped practising RC since i am not improving in it.instead i am practising other sections
is it possible for me to improve in a short time
if yes then how
please let me know
thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hii
i am getting poor scores because of RC
i have done all RC from OG and kaplan
now from where do i get RC to practise from
i think repeating the same RC wont help
actually i take a lot of time with RC that i eventually fall short of time in case of SC and CR (i am comfortable with them)
but still i am getting 25 in PR
70%wrong in RC
90%correct in CR AND SC
i will be taking GMAT after a month
but i get lost while practising RC .infact i have stopped practising RC since i am not improving in it.instead i am practising other sections
is it possible for me to improve in a short time
if yes then how
please let me know
thanks
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts