Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman, Ivey
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 05:10
Hi,

I have had a few online verbal classes but nothing has really helped me yet. Is there anyone, who can help me with verbal section one-on-one. My current score is V31 and I want to take it to V40. I stay in Gurgaon and my contact is below.

Regards,
Abhishek
gmatprep.ab@gmail.com

Last edited by gmatprepab on 28 Jan 2013, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 07:02
What is your target GMAT score? How about getting a 50 on Quant ?

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 18:50
AbhiJ wrote:
What is your target GMAT score? How about getting a 50 on Quant ?

Hi Abhi,

My current quant score is 49 and I do not think road to 50 will be too tough. Besides, the returns would not be able to let me pass my target score.
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 274 [0], given: 264

Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 23:21
I doubt that you will find one in that region. I would suggest you to take some online course or self study. There are so many people who have improved in verbal without tutor.
How about identifying your weak areas in verbal and thereafter giving specific treatment to them?

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Q 47/48 To Q 50 + the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html#p1064367

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 620

Kudos [?]: 2494 [0], given: 745

Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 00:12
Expert's post
gmatprepab wrote:
Hi,

I have had a few online verbal classes but nothing has really helped me yet. Is there anyone, who can help me with verbal section one-on-one. My current score is V31 and I want to take it to V40. I stay in Gurgaon and my contact is below.

Regards,
Abhishek
gmatprep.ab@gmail.com

how-to-go-to-v40-from-v30-142361.html

Besides, I would suggest that you avoid in person tutors from India. If you are studying for the GMAT study through an international course if you really need it.
For a clear and fast verbal improvement egmat is my suggestion.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 03:19
souvik101990 wrote:
For a clear and fast verbal improvement egmat is my suggestion.
[/quote]

I have tried & tested egmat extensively and found it even miserable than a bunch of free videos at youtube. Sorry, if I used a wrong comparison here too.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 03:34
rajeevrks27 wrote:
I doubt that you will find one in that region. I would suggest you to take some online course or self study. There are so many people who have improved in verbal without tutor.
How about identifying your weak areas in verbal and thereafter giving specific treatment to them?

My timing is an issue. I take a lot of time on harder SC and CR's (fully underlined confusing sentences and inferences/boldface for that matter). When I try to speed up in any type of 700 level questions or seemingly difficult questions, I make mistakes. My weakest area is SC but I have no clue how to improve it, even after doing a ton of practice questions.
Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 127

Kudos [?]: 597 [0], given: 62

Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 04:21
Expert's post
As suggested by Souvik, I shall also suggest to go for e-GMAT. If you think otherwise, then consider MGMAT SC guide the bible and study it religiously atleast 3-4 times. With either of the ways, you will find huge improvement.
Also, an alternate self prep method is to try finding as many errors as possible in a particular sentence and while doing so, don't time yourself. Later on you can start timing yourself.

Prepositional Phrases Clarified|Elimination of BEING| Absolute Phrases Clarified
Rules For Posting
www.Univ-Scholarships.com

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 620

Kudos [?]: 2494 [1] , given: 745

Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 04:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Quote:
Also, an alternate self prep method is to try finding as many errors as possible in a particular sentence and while doing so, don't time yourself. Later on you can start timing yourself.

This is the ONLY way to achieve >90% accuracy is sentence correction IMO.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 29

Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 14:40
souvik101990 wrote:
Quote:

This.

You can spend hours and hours learning all of the rules, but you will never score well on the GMAT by doing so. The thing is, once you move past 600-level SC problems, grammar rules no longer help you. You must be able to intuitively pick the answer. At the 700 level, questions usually focus on meaning.

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 05:44
commdiver wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Quote:

This.

You can spend hours and hours learning all of the rules, but you will never score well on the GMAT by doing so. The thing is, once you move past 600-level SC problems, grammar rules no longer help you. You must be able to intuitively pick the answer. At the 700 level, questions usually focus on meaning.

Thanks Commdiver, Souvik101990 and Marcab. I'm revising the basics and will try to get on with the timing thing later.
I've drained so much money on the resources as well as on the exam that I can't think of spending on any other online course/verbal tutor from US.
I was looking for some local verbal genius who I can speak with on phone and who charges me in few thousands.

Forgot to mention that I've started to search Ron's post on MGMAT and will keep an eye on whatever solution he offers and has offered in the recent past. I have understood that many people have gained enormously from his posts alone.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2014, 23:12
Hi All

@gmatprepab: Hope your GMAT went well.

I have been an avid reader (not a contributor : p) on this forum for a long time and thought would help fellow GMAT takers looking for GMAT coaching in Delhi region. I prepared for my GMAT while working full time and thus needed a tutor who could REALLY give personal attention to my queries and performance. I tried GyanOne for their GMAT classes and really felt comfortable in a small class of 10 students. They are truly amazing. I could ask my doubts, raise questions, and seek clarity as per my convenience. I have scored 710 on my GMAT and would say they are the best if you are looking for personalized and customized GMAT coaching in Delhi region.

Kudos to all teachers at GyanOne!
Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr   [#permalink] 16 Apr 2014, 23:12