Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Jul 2014, 07:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Veritas GMAT Prep free test scores...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Veritas GMAT Prep free test scores... [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 02:20
I tried the veritas free gmat prep test & scored 670(47Q/39V).. I was slightly surprised with the score especially in Quant.. I got just 6 incorrect.. that too most of them towards the end... just got 2 incorrect in first 20... but still managed 47 :( ... and also the overall score of 670 was dissapointing.. I tried official GMAT Prep a month back & scored 710 (Q50/(V36 or 35..))
Did anyone face something similar with the Veritas Prep ?
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Veritas GMAT Prep free test scores... [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2011, 01:01
Guys.. anyone has any opinion on this... I was looking to relate this test to my current level of preparation.. and devise strategy based on the scores.. but looks like it is slightly difficult to relate the scores to actual GMAT scores... If anyone could share his/her experience of Veritas GMAT Prep exam.. it might be of great help to me

Thanks in advance!!!
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS '14
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 55

Re: Veritas GMAT Prep free test scores... [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 06:08
Hi, I gave vistaprep free gmat today and scored 670 (Q49, V32) IR 5.
6 incorrect in IR (couldnt even finish 70% IR)

6 incorrect in quant (finished 10 minutes earlier)

14 incorrect in Verbal.

I am scoring consistently 28 and 30 and 32 in Verbal and very very little in IR. I have given many free CATS.
MGMAT1: 610 (q45, v30) etc..

I found quant in Vistaprep free cat quant way too easy but still couldnt manage 50 or 51.

Is the test same for all?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 123 [1] , given: 79

Re: Veritas GMAT Prep free test scores... [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 07:42
This post received
KUDOS
Unless you're using the GMATPrep software, it's always wise to take your practice test scores with a huge grain of salt. All of these tests are test-prep companies' best efforts to copy the GMAT questions and scoring algorithm, but the test-prep companies inevitably have limited resources, and the tests are never perfect copies of the real thing. Not even close, really.

Don't get me wrong: practice tests can be good for you. But your goal is to use them as a tool for improvement--take a close look at what you missed, and see what you can learn from the tests. These practice tests aren't perfect indicators of your progress, and it's not worth getting excited or demoralized based on the scores.

I would be especially careful with the verbal practice tests from test-prep companies. It's particularly difficult for companies to perfectly copy the nuances of GMAT verbal questions, and I strongly recommend making official questions (GMAT OG, GMAT verbal guide, GMATPrep Question Pack, and retired LSAT questions if you need extra CR and RC help) the backbone of your preparations. Some test-prep companies do a good job of teaching verbal techniques and content, but none of them are capable of writing perfectly accurate verbal questions, simply because it's an impossible task.

So if you've taken the GMATPrep, that's probably the best indicator of your level. Sagarsingh, I'm not sure what your goals are, but if you're gunning for a 700+, put away the verbal practice tests for now, and focus on getting better at verbal questions.

I hope this helps!

Helping students kick the GMAT in the nuts since 2002... www.gmatninja.com.

Re: Veritas GMAT Prep free test scores...   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2013, 07:42