Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 05:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 88

Kudos [?]: 576 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 21:59
Expert's post
:evil: Veritas told me last year that this(2009) is the latest one..! I did even ask them before purchasing! Perhaps,latest edition was not out there at that time.BTW,what is the publication month of your latest edition ?
Vips-Send you a PM on this.Please check.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 701

Kudos [?]: 3112 [0], given: 894

Re: Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 01:21
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hey Souvik,
I've few queries on the Veritas prep books :

1.Can you please let me know that between Veritas prep's SC1 and SC2 what's the basic difference ? If I consider it for practice,which book should be better-1 or 2 ?

2.Also it would be great if you shed some light on Algebra book...how many Questions(700+),any special strategies etc.!

3.Which one is better and worth to own Algebra or Arithmetic book in your opinion?

Appreciate your feedback.

Hi!

1. I got the latest 10th anniversary Veritas books which did not have SC1 and SC2. It had 4 Verbal books. 3 for SC, CR and RC and 1 advanced verbal workbook.
2. I have not gone through the quant books except the probability and the word problems book :P. I completely trust the GMATClub tests and Sir Bunuel.
3. None. For quant I would just do GMATClub tests, browse the forum, watch thursdays with Ron, follow Bunuel, try Bunuels signature and if possible do grockit (very good questions on a low budget)

Thanks for your quick reply!
1.I see..things seem to be bit different in your case.May be they didn't want the general course to be thrown away for free :P
2 & 3.Yup ! Agree with you..undoubtedly Sir Bunuel is a 'Masterpiece' and so his creations are..:) thursdays with Ron is also a great free resource out there in the market..

And oh! I've consolidated thursdays with Ron on SC in my post..Please refer to my sig. I don't think you've seen that..

Actually from your review,I thought you went deep into the Veritas Quant books... :wink:

Yeah so I did not go through the quant books as deeply I should. Probably because my quant was always 50/51 and I would only do the harder problems Bill (instructor) mailed us. Worked better that way.
And, the books we got are the new books. The older books, are well old. But I have a sense that they contain the same problems, because the veritas on demand app on the iPad has the same questions as the new book and I am sure that they have not updated the on-demand app.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 50

Re: Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 08:43
Expert's post
Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, our most recent edition of GMAT course books contains 12 volumes. You know you have the "old" or "new" set based on whether SC and CR each come as one book or two -- if it has ONE book per topic, you know you have the newest set.

Also, Vips has it right: The newest set (which has 12 books) is in reprint right now, and will be available for retail purchase in just another week or two. This new one coming out reflects the all-new curriculum we released this past fall, but with some modifications, additions, and errata fixes. If you have the old books, you will find that many of the practice problems carry over, but the lesson content is entirely new compared to the old books! Students who buy a new book kit get access to our online solutions sets.

Let me know if I can answer more questions!

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Current Student
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 278 [0], given: 67

Re: Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2013, 10:58
Hi Souvik

Can you pls write on how accurate is Veritas prep CAT's. I took the CAT and found that its easy compared to MGMAT.....

Archit
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE: Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 70

Reviews Badge
Re: Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2013, 11:23
Nice review, Souvik. Thanks for the effort you put into detailing all of this!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 701

Kudos [?]: 3112 [0], given: 894

Re: Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2013, 11:31
Expert's post
Archit143 wrote:
Hi Souvik

Can you pls write on how accurate is Veritas prep CAT's. I took the CAT and found that its easy compared to MGMAT.....

Archit

I have only taken one and it depends really.
How easy an adaptive test is really depends on how well you perform in it.
So, its very hard to comment on the difficulty level of a test that is adaptive.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Current Student
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 278 [0], given: 67

Re: Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2013, 00:58
Souvik..I hav ebeen following you since long...I have read nearly all your posts...But i did not find any post on various CAT's...May be i would have missed...If you have written sthn on various CAT's can you pls post the link

Archit
Re: Veritas Prep Live Online-My Take   [#permalink] 31 Mar 2013, 00:58