Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

VERITAS Prep On Demand Course

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Statistics, International Business
Schools: Fuqua, ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-02-2013
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 167 [2] , given: 39

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
VERITAS Prep On Demand Course [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 07:39
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi,

It is a little less than a month that i have recieved an access to the Veritas On demand course. This feedback is based upon the last 18 days experience. I am only going to talk about Verbal as of now since i have started the Quant section as of yet. More on Quant i will post at a later time when i done with Quant. The cost of the course on their website is around $ 400. Most of the courses hover around a 400 line. Let's discuss what they are offering :

1. A set of 12 books , each have concepts on the theory rlated to the topic and some advanced concepts , which they term as "think like the tetmaker". Now why and how are these books important? They are useful if you follow it with the online lectures (they are self sufficient but i mean how they can be best used). Each and every broader and sub-topics have been covered in depth. A topic by topic study helps the student in building a strong concept on the theory part. The best part follows, Sets of homework problem , discussion on the solutions. So for any problem if you are stuck you can always go back and refer the detailed solution. Now a very general question, what if a student gets stuck on a question that is not present in their problem set? Very easy , 7 days a week for 2 hours they hold an online session in which you can the expert coaches and they will immediately provide a solution to it. Easy isn't it!!!

2. A systematic research on the materials have been done before they are provided to the students. Why? because the course has a very smooth Slope. At no point, whatever may be your prep level, you will never feel thrown out of proportion .

3. Tests, no prep is ever complete without ample no. of tests. Veritas students have the luxury of as many as 15 preps. On many forums i found comments such as that their tests are taken from different vendors. I have no idea if that is true or not. But think logically, does it matter!! till the time the test analyzes your position on the test accurately or somewhat closer , how does it matter. Apart from the score, it is also very important to the stay focussed on CAT for 4 hours(i.e your total exam time). Clocking on the biological clock is no less important than the prep itself.

CONS:-

How does it matter if they have any flaws!! you are not going to dwell on their flaws anyway!! our main motto is to get the best from the course , use it to our best and get away with a dream score. Yes, at any point of time , if i feel there is any scope of improvement needed i can always go back and make a request. As fasr as i have noticed , veritas guys are very prompt in replying to anything.

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Statistics, International Business
Schools: Fuqua, ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-02-2013
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 39

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: VERITAS Prep On Demand Course [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 07:41
Expert's post
Friends,

if you have any further question please ask me here so that those questions might come in handy for others as well. If at all you want to aso something on a more personal note you may PM me anytime (don't every worry about it).
I will provide a detailed update on the Quant and AWA whenever i am in a position to update.

Regards,

S

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Re: VERITAS Prep On Demand Course   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2013, 07:41