Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:17

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Very confused!!Evaluation of profile needed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 07-25-2013
GPA: 3.83
WE: Architecture (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 99

Very confused!!Evaluation of profile needed [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 23:09
Hi all,
I am in a very much confused state regarding my application to B schools.Let me say about my profile first :

GMAT SCORE:720

GPA-7/10 -->from a top 10 institution in india

Work exp:Indian IT industry.work experience will be 3 years during the date of joining in college

Started a company named Returnwealth financial services-independent equity resarch firm for last 2 years and been rated as one of the very wel growing companies in my place ..

Goal: to wor in an investment firm for few years and start a own company and to project it to a world class level.

So planning to pursue MBA in finance

Been awarded as champion at work in a very ample amount of time when i joined the company

Been Placement co-ordinator and IEEE chairman in my college

District level cricket player and been represented as captain of my college team

Active volunteer of NSS during the college level

I want experts to advise me on the following things

1) Which colleges do i get good chance to get into.Really confused on this because of my very low work experience.

2)My very low work experience say 3 years while joining will that impact much and which colleges prefer these kind of people?

3)If i retake and get 750 in GMAT will that be more helpfull stil?

Really will be very thankful for your advises

"Giving kudos" is a decent way to say "Thanks" and motivate contributors. Please use them, it won't cost you anything

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Very confused!!Evaluation of profile needed [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 22:20
Expert's post
Hi skamal7,

Thanks for posting. Regarding potential MBA programs, do you have a preference in location?

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 07-25-2013
GPA: 3.83
WE: Architecture (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 99

Re: Very confused!!Evaluation of profile needed [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 23:00
MOSTLY IN US from top schools.I wanted to know which schools i will be having more chances of getting into..If you can help me with this and if am fine then i may proceed for the application process with you

"Giving kudos" is a decent way to say "Thanks" and motivate contributors. Please use them, it won't cost you anything

CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 159

Kudos [?]: 827 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Very confused!!Evaluation of profile needed [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 01:09
skamal7 wrote:
MOSTLY IN US from top schools.I wanted to know which schools i will be having more chances of getting into..If you can help me with this and if am fine then i may proceed for the application process with you

With 720 and good background you have chance at each and every school. But the chance does not mean you will get through unless you do your homework and prepare solid App. The Indian IT pool is quite competitive so you need to prepare well for the school.

As for the school search my advice is to look for the schools that fit best to your aspiration. After you are done with it then filter them into - ambitious, strech, probable, and safe.

Even safe schools can ding you if they don't see u r in line with the school. So personal homework is the first thing you should do. I m well aware of such posts by my Indian fellows and I know it is a trend to filter the school based on chances.

Instead we should filter on our aspirations and then evaluate the chances !!

PS: Retaking after 720 won't improve your odds. If they ding you at 720 - it means your apps are not good enough else they would have taken u at 720 too. Gmat is not a deal maker but it could be deal breaker. In your case it is not, so better spend your precious time and money on Apps.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html