Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 02:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Very Lost...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Very Lost... [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2005, 14:01
Hello guys.

This is my first post, even though I have been a member for quite some time...sorry!!!

However I figured that this would be the best place for me to regain my confidence from the disaster that just hit me this morning - a 560 on my first attempt on the GMAT. I would also like a piece of advice from you guys on how to regroup for the next time (already registered - October 15th).

From the score itself I was expecting more, even though I had that gut feeling that I should have studied harder.

I started my preparation about two months ago by taking PP1 - got a 570.

Bought all the books that were available in my country (KAPLAN 2005 w/ CD, OG 10th Ed.; KAPLAN Verbal), since we have very limited access to prep material, and started off pretty well (took the Diag KAP test - 590 - took the lessons from KAP CD and completed about 120 PS and DS questions and 80 CR, SC and RC questions from OG).

However something happened after that: I took KAP CAT Test 1 and got a 510. That really got to me and suddenly I lost interest and kind of forgot about the test, not taking preparation very seriously.

Just about two weeks ago, I started to get into the rhythm again...and even though I studied between 3 to 4 hours everyday - along with a 10 hour daily workload - it was not enough.

My verbal skills are not that bad (SC is hard for me... RC and CR are OK)... But my math skills are very, very rusty...

In the last two weeks I took other two KAP tests, the other Power Prep test and both GMATPrep tests. The scores were the following:

KP2 - 550
PP2 - 640
KP3 - 550
GMAT Prep1 - 570
GMAT Prep2 - 680 (I got this score last night...)

In my opinion I need a 660 to have a shot at the universities that are worth for me to apply (not because the other ones are worthless, but because the program costs too much for me - the exchange rate of my currency to USD or EUR does not favor me at all - and the return might not be what I expect).

However right now I am pretty lost.

I still have the rest of the OG questions to work with, but I have taken almost all the CAT tests available for me, went through the entire KAP material and there is no way to get additional books and materials around here.

What should I do???

I am beginning to think that I will not be able to cross this barrier :cry: ...

Please... I would really appreciate some advice.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2005, 02:45
what is the break up of your 560 score ???
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2005, 04:02
I had Q31 (47th I guess) / V33 (74th)...

How bad is that??
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2005, 04:34
Hmm....

First and the foremost ....Remove this negative thinking ..won't take u anymore..
Gmat is a test of confidence , go with an attitude...THAT YES I CAN BEAT IT !!!!.....

If you go through this website you will find loads of people who have really worked their way from a 560 to a 700+ scores !!....

i beleive your verbal is not that bad...
but you quant needs improvement....
take a diag test for quant and check which areas require improvement.

go thru that areas . could be DS , Gemotry , Probabiltiies etc....
practice a lot !!!!! of questions for Quant , learn the tricks and fast methods.... once you comfortable with it....
try taking the Gmat challenge here on this forum........

quant is easy to improve compared to Verbal......so never give up dude...
keep working ...one day this hard work of your will pay off !...

hope that helps..
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2005, 12:25
Thanks Jinesh...

I agree with you... Have to keep the positive attitude. I KNOW next time I will do a lot better...

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement. I will work very hard on my math and participate a lot more on the forum... For sure I will let everyone know my second score...

Thanks Again!!!
  [#permalink] 05 Sep 2005, 12:25