Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 12:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Very very very dissapointed - HELP with time

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Very very very dissapointed - HELP with time [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2004, 10:24
Just took my GMAT a few days ago and got a 640 - Q 46 and V 33. I had studied about a month and a half. Did mostly crappy books like Arco, Barrons and Gmat strategy. It was only during the last week that I got OG and PR Verbal book from the net. It wasnt that I had problem with the questions but with the time. Since I hadnt practiced under time conditions (it being impossible since I am living with my uncle and his kids - very noisy), I cannot practice full tests. I think I just looked at the time and panicked. Given I had enough time I could have done better. Any advice on how to practice my timing. Any advice will be appreciated. Please please help. I have about a month to give it again. Do you think I can improve my score with that period of time? Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2004, 22:29
Hi Omar, in order to practice your timing, I would suggest you to buy ETS paper tests at http://www.mba.com. They are of absolutely good quality. You will download those pdf PT at the cost of ~25$ for 3 paper tests and there are 9 of them. Print them out and practice them by timing yourself with a stopwatch. I'm suggesting this since you cannot practice CATS at home... Of course, the best thing is to practice on CATS or else, try to join the GMAT challenges which require only 1h15min of silence. The next one is in 2 weeks and I believe that you should at least try a few (GMAT challenges/Kaplan CD/PR CD) before your next attempt. But to answer your original question, YES it is possible to increase your score from 640 to 700+ within 1 month. Good luck.

Best Regards,

Paul

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2004, 05:16
Try my Test Grid with the timer in Excel.

http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11448

I had the same problem with time also. I spend my first 3 months studying with the "Master the GMAT" book from Peterson. It was a waste of time b/c I follow the wrong strategy: no timing, use calculator, use dictionary... Until I find out this forum, I am mad. I have to hurry up now since there is only 1.5 month left to go.
  [#permalink] 12 Dec 2004, 05:16