Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS) [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 05:43
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Has any one purchased the LOMS? How would you rate it? Worth the buy?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 247

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS) [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 12:45
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,

I wonder that no one has answered this simple question - in fact, I think Victor Cheng's LOMS programm is the Nr.1 resource for case-interview preparation. of course, it is good to start with some books in order to familiarize yourself with the general application and recruting process, but once you have filed your application, have practiced some fit-questions is the right time to order LOMS. Yeah, it is not cheap and it has some disadvantages, but I would strongly recommend it (and I do not receive a cent from Mr. Cheng).

You receive nearly 10 hours of case-interview recordings, where you easily can see what mistaces to avoid and how to manage time, wording, drawing etc. The only disadvantage, which I think the programm has, ist that most of the cases analyzed are "Profit=Revenues-Costs" problems, which in fact are the most common ones, but you can also face other types of problems - restructuring, general strategy cases, M&A etc. But LOMS is a wonderful tool teaching you how to think. Once you are accustomed to that it's easy to tackle every type of case.

PS: I somehow bombed my first MC interview with BCG, but only my excellent case interview performance gave me the ability to get a member of their re-apply programm, and apply only i 3-6 months time, and not the regular 18-24 months time (I completely bombed their analytical test~like McKinsey's PST). But LOMS worked!

Hope this helped. If you have any other, more specific questions, feel free to ask ;)

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS) [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 15:29
I must agree with bgpower here: use books on case interviewing for the basics. How to tailor your cover letter and resume, what (not) to say during 'experience' interviews or the 'airport' test and the basic approach of case interviews.

But especially if you don't have the ability to practice 'live' or only practice with other inexperienced candidates, Victor Cheng's website and LOMS especially are a great place to start. Especially the LOMS cases where Victor interviews better candidates help you 'sound like a consultant'.

Online Case Interview Prep

Intern
Intern

Re: Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS) [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 13:31
I want to buy LOMS one of these days. In what format do you receive the files actually? Is it multiple mp3 files? I thought it may be nice to listen to them in the car :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS) [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 05:26
bgpower wrote:
Hi Geoff,

yep, audio files are in mp3 and written files are in pdf. I had uploaded all LOMS files on my iPod and listened while jogging, driving etc. - everywhere! ;)

Regards,

Exactly, 5 cases, with 3 to 5 attempts of 30 to 50 minutes in length in separate mp3 files and transcriptions (not the best, some errors) in pdf.

Online Case Interview Prep

Intern
Intern

Re: Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS) [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2012, 23:58
It's good; I bought it. However I found the book more or less equally good - not sure LOMS is value for money in that perspective..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS) [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 16:27
I have it. It's a great way to really internalize a couple of basic points. Frankly, I think the 4 or 5 times when victor interviewed himself are the most helpful. Sometimes I felt like wasting my time listening for an hour to some random person that clearly does no know how to do well in a case interview. So if you can borrow the tape from a friend for these 4 or 5 best practices, I think you have the gist of it. :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS) [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 12:32
This post received
KUDOS
LOMS is a great program. I highly recommend it!

Last edited by gerald2 on 10 Jan 2013, 17:46, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Victor Cheng's Look Over My Shoulder Program (LOMS)   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2012, 12:32