I've heard a lot about video essays and I know that there are a few schools that upload them. Anybody have tips on how to approach these? I know that they're becoming really valued by admissions and for applicants, are a great way to set ourselves apart.
Yes, video essays are a great way to let the AdCom glimpse your personality and communication before the interview. If you have the option of submitting a video essay, definitely go for it.
1. Make sure the quality of both visuals and audio is good - nothing worse than grainy visuals or noisy audio!
2. You can go for a TED talk-like gig or an interspersion of yourself and other visuals, or just you talking. The only rule is that you must answer to the question and not get carried away.
3. If no duration is specified, keep it short and crisp. About 3 minutes is ideal, as it is difficult to hold people's attention beyond this.
4. Let your personality show! Don't pretend to be someone you aren't. Add a bit of humor if that's your thing. Of course, there's a thin line here too (clothes, language and attitude!)
5. You don't need to make something fancy to make an impression - the idea, content and quality are all that matter.
Gowri N Kishore
If you find our response valuable, please encourage us with Kudos!
Attend an intensive 2-Day Workshop to Plan Your MBA in 2014!
Attend live online instructor-led GMAT classes by 99th p'cile instructors!