Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Wait another year to apply for 1st round? [#permalink]
06 Oct 2009, 01:33
I took my gmat end of September, but got a 490. I wanted to apply to schools such as Santa Clara U, Boston U, and University of San Francisco. My plan was to get at least a 560 and start the application process and essays during the last week of September and October in order to send out the applications by the school's deadline, which are in November. But just by GMAT standards, my gmat score is not even close to the mean, in addition, it is not even in their 80% range. Despite the fact that I was determined to apply this year (becasue I don't want to wait another 2 years to physically go), it seems like I have to face reality- 1) Take a break 2) Start studying for GMAT again 3) Retake test next year. Please advise if my decision is a good one and whether I should even try applying for University of SF this year? (Assuming I can put application package together all within 1.5 months).
In addition, here is a more detailed summary of my background:
I got a 490 (AWA4.5) on the 1st try. 450 (AWA 5)the 2nd time (had some distractions few days before taking the gmat, and knew I wouldn't do well).
UG gpa 2.79, 3 years work experience in business (stable job function).
Since I want to increase all chances of getting in (that is why I would have to wait till Nov'10 to apply for 1st round). I am ALSO thinking about Boston or USC PT (since they require a LOWER gmat- starting range for both schools is at least a 540 and 550). Does my 490 even stand a chance for their PT program? Or should I at least try to raise the 490 to 550?
For University of SF- the PT avg is 554. I assume the range is around 520 or so.
Eventhough I really don't want to wait another year (and 2 years to physically attend) to go to bschool, should I just face the reality that I have to buy time and wait until my score is better before I apply? I hope this is enough information for you to answer the question and concerns. Thank you very much for your thoughts!!!