Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Thank you Paul [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The Dude wrote:
Paul,

Thank you for your advice. I have sice found out that my GMAT score is the reason I was placed on the waiting list, and they have asked if I can retake it. I have contacted a tutor at my undergrad school and have a meeting with him this friday to come up with a 2-3 week crash course to prepare for the retake.
Do you think that it is possible to be accepted before I take the test, or would you look at it more of an ultimatum from them of score higher, or go home? I'm only 20 pts off their average.

Thanks,

Dude,

It will count in your favor if (a) you do bother to retake the GMAT, and (b) you raise your GMAT at all (even 10 points). Raising it to or above their average would, of course, be even better. But I think the *effort* counts for a lot, since it shows that you *do* want to get in and are willing to jump through their hoops. So I would say the chances of you be admitted *before* you've shown that you will be responding to their feedback are minimal.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Thank you Paul [#permalink]