Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 23:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Waiting...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 11:42
Ok guys - aside from, you know, getting a life again...how exactly have you handled the stress of waiting to hear from these schools? I can't seem to keep myself from logging in "just to check" with alarming frequency. And I realize that this is nuts, given that I've JUST filed most of my R2s. Aaaargh... :computer

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 12:06
uphillclimb wrote:
Ok guys - aside from, you know, getting a life again...how exactly have you handled the stress of waiting to hear from these schools? I can't seem to keep myself from logging in "just to check" with alarming frequency. And I realize that this is nuts, given that I've JUST filed most of my R2s. Aaaargh... :computer

When I was waiting for my decision, I basically would give myself goals to avoid checking my status every second of every day. At first it was just, wait 2 days before you check again. Then it was a week. Then it was wait until after Thanksgiving. (I sent in my app on October 31st). Then I was going to wait until mid December, which would have been 6 weeks after submitting my app, but I heard, surprisingly before I checked again. I guess this little idea of setting a goal to discipline myself helped keep me from worrying, and it turned out to be unexpected when I heard about my acceptance. Good luck with the wait, it will be over soon enough, then you'll wonder what else to do. :lol:

Member Profile: 111-t56279

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 12:19
I scheduled a 3 week vacation to another continent after I submitted. Then holiday shopping and all that travel stuff kept my mind off it. Also, spending too much time on this forum keeps you away from the status checks :P

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 12:39
Agh.. now we will see a stupendous rise of posts in the forum..
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 12:56
My Kellogg admit was totally out of the blue, it came right after I got back from thanksgiving. The night before I got the call I told my wife that I heard Kellogg was starting to make calls, she laughed and said give it until closer to christmas before you freak out. Bang next day I got in...

Chicago, knew the day and time so that was easy didnt really worry about it...especially since I had K in hand.

MIT, seriously most days I forget to check my email that I used for apps. I never use it, cant check it at work, and when I get home just doesnt pop into my mind. Thats just for an interview, which they are still sending out I guess.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 12:57
I almost never check. I only check just to be sure that some nefarious spam filter didn't eat an interview invite.

I have gotten back to life again. I have read two books since I finished R2, I am going to the gym with my wife every day again, I have seen more of my friends in the last couple of weeks than in the previous 3 months. It's been pretty nice. I'm also working a ton and I am running some pretty challenging projects (with ridiculous due dates that we are amazingly going to meet).

Not that I am not anxious to get invites, but I also figure it will be a little bit for my R2 schools yet, so I am pretty calm.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 13:40
For my first app (CMU), I was very anxious and checked e-mail several times a day.
After getting the bad news (WL), I no longer feel an anxiety to check the status for other apps I submitted...probably a sense of pessimism has crept in...which may be good in a way....I divert my mind away from the applications a lot these days and people around me (home and work) like it as I have something other than B-school apps to talk about.

http://mba2010dreams.blogspot.com

Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 15:15
I very rarely check my statuses, maybe once a week at most, and not even all the schools.

Generally speaking, i notice that an email is sent if something important happens.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 15:18
I check Stanford once every couple of days because I'm wondering if the spam filter ate the elusive interview invite or I'm just waiting to get dinged... :?

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 177 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 22:24
I was running a tax program -- record-breaking year with only half or two-thirds the staff I was supposed to have....I think I was too busy to worry....until I got that ding from Yale...then I employed the patented-by-Scarlett-O'Hara, perfected-by-AAu forget-it-till-tomorrow-cause-tomorrow's-another-day anxiety-reducing catch-all management system. D-Day came in no time.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Waiting... [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 23:20
Well I beat the stress by reading about other people's stress on gmatclub.com. I know this sounds very superficial but at least it is comforting to know that you are not the only hyper stressed mba applicant out there.
Re: Waiting...   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2008, 23:20