I was lucky enough to receive an admit at one of my top choices (a Top 15) School and a waitlist at one of my dream schools (a Top 5).
I'm really thankful to be admitted to one of my top choices and met some incredibly great people including administrators there given the collaborative community, but I've heard that the waitlist moves pretty frequently up until July for my dream school, which is much more recognized globally.
What is the proper etiquette for dealing with current students/administrators at my admitted program? I would be honored and happy to attend and will need to submit my deposit. Yet, I know I might consider forfeiting my deposit and going for my dream program if I'm moved off the waitlist.
Will the current students/administrators understand if I choose to do that, or will it burn bridges? Is there a way to go about this diplomatically?
I'm a bit torn as I feel I should send thank you emails to the students and administrators who supported me at my top choice, but wonder if I should develop closer bonds if there's a small chance I may have to leave?
Any ideas anyone?