I need some input from the Clubbers out there who are in b-school and know what's going on.
I'm a mech. engineer with over 2 years experience in the R&D dept. of a fortune 500 tech company. My wife and I moved to North Carolina for her graduate program at Duke recently. While it was a year or two ahead of the schedule I had planned, I decided to apply to 2 b-schools in NC this year just to see if I could get in because I've always known this is the path I wanted to pursue.
At this point, I'm waitlisted at my top choice and have yet to hear about my second choice school.
I'm beginning to second guess my decision to even apply this year because I feel like even if I get in it's likely that a recruiter would pass on me because of my lack of prior experience. Also, I've heard multiple people say that they would've gotten more out of the program if they had had a few more years under their belt before starting.Bottom line, here's my question:
If I can get into an Elite program, regardless of my prior experience, should I jump at the chance? Or should I truly consider just holding out for a few more years to gain some more industry experience beforehand?
After studying so hard for the GMAT, I feel like I was so hyped about finishing the process and applying for schools that I overlooked some serious questions and concerns that I should've answered for myself more thoroughly.
I need advice!
How to Get Into a Top MBA Program
How to Ace the GMAT - 3 Proven Tips