I am returning to the club after a while! I wrote GMAT in Oct 2004 (680 Q50, V31). More details on ly profille at: http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=61967
Following the exam, I was swamped in a lot of office and personal issues that I could not spend time on application essays. I still tried and managed to send one to CMU (dream) in R2. I had given 4 recos (2 online and 2 hardcopy attachments) from various clients directors. CMU called for an interview and I attended it in CA center on Feb 18.
The results for R2 were out today and I was waitlisted. CMU FAQ mentions that I could send any supporting documents to them before May 31. In a month or so, I am planning to send a 2-page cover letter stating the changes from the time I applied and include additional stuffs to enhance my case.
I am a little confused about the additional stuffs to add. I can include:
1) Changes in office (I managed to win an RFP for a $15m project for my company; Bonus; Year end Appraisal comments/ratings)
2) Presentation skills training program certificate that I attended last month
3) I had waived off TOEFL. Write TOEFL now and send score.
4) A reco from my client CIO (know him personally well. can request one)
5) A reco from the NGO I work for (the head is a current MBA student in an another top school). I was made a lead here recently.
6) Info abt a fund raiser program (information session) that I am mainly responsible for in the above NGO - to raise money for kids' studies.
7) Request for a college visit and offer to interview again (my previous interview was a little mess; I went to the school center and they made me wait; but later said 'Sorry, interview happens in a hotel' - I rushed to the hotel and still managed to attend).
These are the options I could come up with. Do you think I should drop any or add any new options?
Thanks for the help!