Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 10:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Waitlisted: Options to enhance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Waitlisted: Options to enhance [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2005, 18:49
Hi,

I am returning to the club after a while! I wrote GMAT in Oct 2004 (680 Q50, V31). More details on ly profille at: http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=61967
Following the exam, I was swamped in a lot of office and personal issues that I could not spend time on application essays. I still tried and managed to send one to CMU (dream) in R2. I had given 4 recos (2 online and 2 hardcopy attachments) from various clients directors. CMU called for an interview and I attended it in CA center on Feb 18.

The results for R2 were out today and I was waitlisted. CMU FAQ mentions that I could send any supporting documents to them before May 31. In a month or so, I am planning to send a 2-page cover letter stating the changes from the time I applied and include additional stuffs to enhance my case.

I am a little confused about the additional stuffs to add. I can include:
1) Changes in office (I managed to win an RFP for a $15m project for my company; Bonus; Year end Appraisal comments/ratings)
2) Presentation skills training program certificate that I attended last month
3) I had waived off TOEFL. Write TOEFL now and send score.
4) A reco from my client CIO (know him personally well. can request one)
5) A reco from the NGO I work for (the head is a current MBA student in an another top school). I was made a lead here recently.
6) Info abt a fund raiser program (information session) that I am mainly responsible for in the above NGO - to raise money for kids' studies.
7) Request for a college visit and offer to interview again (my previous interview was a little mess; I went to the school center and they made me wait; but later said 'Sorry, interview happens in a hotel' - I rushed to the hotel and still managed to attend).

These are the options I could come up with. Do you think I should drop any or add any new options?

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
hardworker
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2005, 22:40
Here is my personal recommendation:

I. Cover letter that highlights your leadership experiences since you sent your app.
A. RFP Win
B. Appraissal Comments / Year End Ratings
C. Additional information about your NGO
D. More information about your strong desire to attend CMU and a display of your fit with the school

II. Reco from CIO

III. Reco from NGO

http://www.mbagameplan.com