Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hello everyone! I am new here and seeking help.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

Hello everyone! I am new here and seeking help. [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 19:48
Hello All

I am a new member here and probably the least qualified of you all.

I have sat GMAT twice 1) Next to zero preparation and also could not focus - Score 400 (Q - 30 V16)

2) I prepared verbal well but I dont know why after the essays I loose complete focus and go blank! My GMAT was mostly a guessing game coz of lost focus and time pressures - Score 400 (Q28 V22 or 26) (from top of my head)

I have a full time job and a part time business. Inside I know I have the ability but i just cannot reflect it. I am a person who learns very easily with the help of a teacher but unfortunately I cannot find anyone. The ones I could find are not affordable. So I have no choice but self study.

This is take 3. I am preparing a study plan for 3 months. I would appreciate if fellow members can assist me with 2 things

1) How do I approach? I am planning to prepare Verbal first then Quant and more like this study plan - gmatclub. com/forum/study-plan-for-verbal-gmat-98342.html.

I cannot find a plan for quant. I am a bit weak in Quant so what is advisable? Also, can any one please suggest a study plan?

2) Textbooks - I have Manhattan set and Official guide 12. I just want to take max 2-3 books coz with millions of resources on the net and so many books I will get lost. So please suggest whats are the best resources.

I am new and not as smart as you fellows as you can tell from the score so will appreciate your help! This is a great forum. I read several posts which helped me a lot. So I will be a regular from now on.

thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2157

Kudos [?]: 7568 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Hello everyone! I am new here and seeking help. [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 21:04
Expert's post
Welcome!

I suggest you start here: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Any other questions, please post them in that thread or here.

Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Hello everyone! I am new here and seeking help. [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 06:32
no better thread to start the gmat study than read the link sent from bb :)

wish I saw that link at my start of studying gmat..
Re: Hello everyone! I am new here and seeking help.   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2011, 06:32