Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 05:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Want to pursue a degree in Finance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Want to pursue a degree in Finance [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2010, 09:47
I will graduate in june 2010. I want to do my masters in some field related to Finance. Mostly i am looking at MSc in Finance in UK. I havent given gmat so i cannot apply to many good ranking universities there. But i want to keep my options open and know what other universities i can get into that are offering courses related to finance. Is it too late now to apply in USA or Canada? My gpa is around 3.0.
Your suggestions would highly be appreciated :)

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Want to pursue a degree in Finance [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2010, 11:34
Hey k0ng, I applied to 4 universities in the US. MIT, Wasington University in St. Louis, Vanderbilt and Villanova. Of these schools, only MIT's application deadline has passed. For the other schools, their round 3 deadlines are in March. This is the final deadline to apply and applicants in this round have to be very strong to get in (as admission is on a space-available basis). If you haven't taken the GMAT or GRE yet, you're probably not going to be able to complete these exams AND apply by the deadline at any school in the US (or probably the UK as well). Maybe you could work for a year, take some finance/math classes and bring your GPA up (3.0 isn't good enough for top universities) and study hard for the GMAT (score above 700). Then you can apply by round 1 deadlines for schools next year with a better shot of getting in. Hope this helps. Good luck with everything...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Want to pursue a degree in Finance [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 02:42
With masters in finance you can find job in government and non-government firms, corporate account department, banks, finance consulting companies, taxation sector and capital sector. You can easily pursue it from top ranked US universities via online mode of education. As far as I know UoP and National American University are the top most among those offering online courses in finance.
Re: Want to pursue a degree in Finance   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2010, 02:42