Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:13 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [18]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 711 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [4]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Want your practice essay read? ** PLEASE READ ** [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Here is an interesting related link: https://www.findscore.com/write/selecttype.php

I have not tried it personally.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Want your practice essay read? [#permalink]
Kudos
jenifer02 wrote:
You can read an essay that's good for the improvement of the english grammar.

Hi jenifer,

I agreed! but just reading the essay will not that much effective for English improving, you should make your own note book and note all words with their definitions from any good dictionary that you don't know then memorize them and write your own essay by using these words. it will not only improve your English vocabulary but also enhance your writing skills. :)

If you think it will works then +1 Kudos me to say me Thanks :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
wow~~cool~~!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Very useful information....Thanks :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Thank for your sources !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
MichelleVelasquez wrote:
jenifer02 wrote:

Hi jenifer,

I agreed! but just reading the essay will not that much effective for English improving, you should make your own note book and note all words with their definitions from any good dictionary that you don't know then memorize them and write your own essay by using these words. it will not only improve your English vocabulary but also enhance your writing skills. :)

Yes i am agree with you. Really Make note book & all words Wright with their definition from any dictionary that you don't know then memorize them and write your own essay by using these words.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MichelleVelasquez wrote:
jenifer02 wrote:

Hi jenifer,

altogether agree Kudos!!! :) :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
TOEFL Writing template link is not working properly.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
writing template file is not working properly. please upload it again. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi GMatters,

not a single essay has been posted here, or am i missing out the something?

I think it's a great initiative that would help several test takers like myself.

Or is there a different thread on this same subject?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Gmatters, here I will give my first try!
I corrected spelling and punctuation with MS Word.
Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved
the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your
answer

My essay:
When I was 18 years old (14 years ago), the kitchen was a place in which technology was very limited (at least in my country). Micro-wave ovens were not as popular (in my house we didn´t have a micro-wave) as they are now. If a person wanted to heat something in the oven, this person should had to rely on his / her memory and watch carefully the clock every 5 minutes. However, nowadays, the micro-wave automatically turns off when the timer reach zero. Or, in addition, if you still have to use the old oven, you can easily set an alarm in your smart-phone that rings at the moment that you have to turn off the oven. All these advancements and many others had changed the way people live and had made food easier to prepare. But, had this advancements improved people´s life? In this essay, I will explain the reasons why I consider that the fact that food has become easier to prepare has really improved the way people live.

First, the fact that food has become easier to prepare, has given people more time available to spend on leisure activities. For instance, yesterday I came back from work to my house at 7 pm and immediately after go out to the gym without worrying about what I would have cook for dinner after coming back from the gym. Why? Because when I came back from the gym, I take some frozen (already cooked) food from the freezer and cooked it in 10 minutes with the assistance of the microwave. Therefore, I spent only 10 minutes cooking, while may be 50 years ago, without the freezer and the microwave, I would had to spent huge time cooking (at least an hour) instead of going to the gym or practicing another healthy activity that improves my life quality. For this reason, less time cooking means more time not only to improve your health, but to improve spare time.

Secondly, as food has become easier to prepare, more people are capable of cooking the food they eat. Simultaneously, during the last years more and more people has become engaged with healthy habits. These 2 trends have mixed and as a result more people are capable of not only cooking their own food, but also cooking healthy and low calories food. This has given the people the possibility to enhance their body and mental health. For instance, nowadays surely you are more conscious on how the different kinds of foods affect your humor and your brain health. As a result, nowadays people are capable of improving their health by choosing between a wide range of healthy foods instead of the more limited range that existed in the old days, when healthy food was no so tasty for everyone.

In conclusion, the life style of people have greatly enhanced thanks to the fact that today, cooking food has become available to almost everyone. In addition, as the time required to prepare food have greatly decreased, people have more free time available to dedicate to the activities that really fulfill their lives and to the persons that really matters to them. So people, don´t spent time cooking, but instead take the opportunity and spend more time with your beloved ones!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Below are two essays
=================================================
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use
specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are
important.

I have always wanted to run my own company. The experiences I have had working under
others have made me recognize some of the important requirements of a good employer.
Indifference for one along with many other qualities make one a better boss.

The first quality is being fair and unbiased. I for one have faced such a bias and favourism
in my company. Though I was skilled and experienced enough my junior was promoted due to his
goodwill with the boss. This created lot of tension and heartburn among us coleages effecting
our work. It is the same, in a “large scale” scenario. When the leader of a nation falls into favourism
and bias among people of different sectors of society. It creates lot of turbulence, violence
disrupting the peace and progress of the nation. By being fair and indifferent to all a head
could run a healthy work environment efficiently generating better productivity from workers.

The second quality is clear delegation of work among emloyees. In my company we always have last minute
compilation of tasks. Though the work gets alloted beforehand, unclear instructions and prioritization of tasks
generates confusion. This results in delay of work until the last moment when the client ends up for delivery.
In a similar fashion, any workforce requires effective assignment of job. Else the labour force ends up in
procrastination of work to later period. This inturn results in doubts and wastage of resource and time.
An organized workflow and specific instructions to employees keeps track of work progress saving businesses from loss.

Therefore, i believe a good boss is one who is indifferent to ones employees and properly clarifies workflow to the workforce.

================================================================
A university plans to develop a new research center in your country. Some
people want a center for business research. Other people want a center
for research in agriculture (farming). Which of these two kinds of research
centers do you recommend for your country? Use specific reasons in your
recommendation.

Agriculture is the back bone of my country's economy. Many people depend on it for their daily bread.
Due to lack of advancement in farming technologies the returns from it are on an all time low. In such a
situation, given a choice a research facility on agriculture would be an excellent choice. Food security
along with many other factors justify my opinion.

The first factor is ensuring food security of the country. Recently there were severe floods in the northern
part of my country. It resulted in heavy loss of farmland and food crops. The country faced a severe food crisis.
Food supplements were imported from outside to sustain the demand. In addition, many important crop
strains were washed out from lands permanently. This resulted in heavy financial burden on
the country's economy. With a research centre in place more information can be accumulated on sowing, reeping and
storage of food crops thereby ensuring food security in times of crisis.

The second factor is improvement in quality of food crops. With the recent hike in prices of food stocks
I always end up eating the same vegetables in my diet. Out of boredom, many times I eat high fat fast food
which is cheap and unhealthy. This has triggered high cholestrol levels in my body making me obese.
Likewise, with inflation of food products many people nowadays fail to consume a wholesome meal
essentially composed with vitamins, nutrients and minerals. This results in diseases such as malnutrition, obesity affecting the
good health of people. A research station would satisfy the comprehensive dietary requirements, sustaining
the human index of the nation.

Therefore the above factors such as ensuring food security of the nation and advancement of quality of food crops
make the recommendation of an agricultural research facility justifiable.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

The files are not available anymore, nor are the ones on this page (now 404'ed) : templates-tfl-94210 .html known to also provide templates for speaking and writing sections.
Does anyone still have these templates and can share them please ?

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
It is a colossal debate nowadays whether young people or older people enjoy more life. Life passes by in a fast velocity by us and we all feel the need to be able to say that we enjoyed it. In my opinion, I think young people are the one who enjoy it more. I will try to explain why in the following paragraphs.
First of all, young people have less things to worry about, less responsibilities. As we are growing older we become more and more responsible. When we are young we have our family to be responsible for us. My own experience is a compelling example of this. The best thing to do in life to me is travelling. It gives me the best feelings of joy. So, when I was younger I used to travel twice a year to a new place. I did not need to worry about the money that is going to pay for those trips, because my parents paid for them. They were always taking care of me. So, I did not need to worry about anything. My only job was to enjoy the trip.
Secondly, when you are young you have the health, the energy, needed to enjoy life. When we are young, we are full of energy and health, but old people tend to have no energy and might have a serious illness. For instance, my grandmother told me she used to make a lot of plans to enjoy life when she became older. However, she said that when the time came, she had a disease that would not let her plus only a little energy. So, she always tells me to enjoy life while I can. I have being trying to follow her advice and enjoy every little thing as much as possible.
In conclusion, I strongly believe young people enjoy life more, because they do not have a lot of responsibilities and are full of energy. However, older people still can enjoy happiness in life, in a sun rise, looking at the sea, a favorite movie, the company of the loved ones, etc. But young people can enjoy much more of it! So, young people, enjoy life while you can! Time flies by and you do not want to miss any second of happiness.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
does anyone still have the speaking and the writing templates i have been searching for it all day long
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4380 posts