Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Warwick Business School v.s. Manchester Business School

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Warwick Business School v.s. Manchester Business School [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2011, 02:10
Hey everyone,

I'm considering either the Warwick Business School Distance Learning MBA program or the Manchester Business School Global MBA program.

Both programs require a combination of distance learning + face-to-face sessions.

As I'm not from the UK, I do not know how these two schools compare in prestige. Do they compare more or less similar to the UCLA/USC relationship?

FYI, I'm a financial professional working in Shanghai and would like to study an MBA part-time to advance or switch into a different role within my current firm.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 10

Re: Warwick Business School v.s. Manchester Business School [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2011, 02:55
Well, this is an interesting question, here is my 2 cents:-
I've met both MBS and WBS adcoms here in Dubai. both schools are really near to each other in ranking and both are triple accredited. However, MBS has one of its global centers in Dubai so I was interested to join it, but I changed my mind after I attended one of Manchester MBA events- the event was poorly organized and the dean of Business school focused on Manchester as university rather than the business school! He talked about Manchester United soccer team! but didn't really touch the career of MBA Alums and how MBS would shape it during this financial crises!

All in all, I felt it's pretty much like paying money to get good education from a good BS rather than getting an MBA and find a job that moves your career to next level!

Warwick alums on the other hand seem to be more proud of their business school, although WBS has declined in ranking last year and this year I guess, but regardless, it's always been one of the best 5 in UK- Also I've heard that Warwick online support is way better than Manchester's- not very sure how accurate this info is since I didn't try any of them! One drawback of Warwick is that it's not very well known outside UK- it's like when you talk about Kellogg outside US- people though you're talking about food :-)

Having said that, I decided to postpone my MBA plans as I see many top notch BS lunching online programs- and I expect schools like Stanford, Berkley and LBS to follow the same approach soon.

Good luck,
Yahya
Re: Warwick Business School v.s. Manchester Business School   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2011, 02:55