Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 06:36
Received invitation to interview as well!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 20:08
Received an invitation as well.

Did anybody know where we might be able to find samples interview questions on the Foster website?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 12:39
Has anybody heard back regarding interview scheduling yet?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 13:22
I haven't yet and I sent my date/time request on Monday morning. I'm trying to interview on campus, but I live in Texas, so I've been continuously holding flights each day for my when I requested to interview. I'm afraid the flight prices are about to jump since it's getting closer and closer to my requested date.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 14:21
I hear ya jwilkins. I'm flying up from San Francisco (funny they'll go to LA and Portland but ignore SF). With my luck my interview date will be the day before Thanksgiving...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.71
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 14:56
Heard back a few hours ago. I am, however, doing a webcam interview and gave them a pretty wide range of availability. Either way, y'all should be getting an email soon!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.76
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 21:13
Hi,
those who got the confirmation can you please tel your i/v date and mode of i/v.
I'm worried now as i mailed them regarding my preferred date(26,27,28,29) of a web cam interview on 5th and still no news from there side :(

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ... T.S. Eliot

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE: Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 70

Reviews Badge
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2012, 13:01
It seems like a good portion of the R1 applicants received an interview invite - good luck with your interviews if they haven't already occurred!

Is anyone applying for R2? I scheduled my GMAT a little late and couldn't apply for R1 so I have applied for R2. I submitted my application last weekend. The deadline is approaching!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:57
I got my invite on 2nd November.

Got the confirmation.

Interview on 19th November :)

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2012, 01:12
Hello folks, I am from Beijing China. Good luck with every Round 1 applicants!

I Just submitted my application for Round 2 three days ago. The Adcom said they might come to China for face-to-face interviews of Round 2 applicants late Nov. or early Dec., but they weren't sure. Because their trips would depend on the number of students applying here. Any news about this?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2012, 05:20
Submitted for R1... have my interview on 5th DEC.
People who have attended interview please post your experiences.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2012, 10:17
ralphsong wrote:

I Just submitted my application for Round 2 three days ago. The Adcom said they might come to China for face-to-face interviews of Round 2 applicants late Nov. or early Dec., but they weren't sure. Because their trips would depend on the number of students applying here. Any news about this?

It's hard to tell right now as we only have a small sampling of R2 applicants on this board: you, myself and an anonymous applicant. We wouldn't be able to determine from that how many applications they received from China. I've read that they do offer a phone/skype type of option if you're unable to do a face-to-face, but I'm not sure what they do with regard to going to interview in other countries.

Good luck, though! Hopefully they make it out there so you can have a face-to-face interview.

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Intern
Intern

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2012, 17:25
RyanCJW wrote:
ralphsong wrote:

It's hard to tell right now as we only have a small sampling of R2 applicants on this board: you, myself and an anonymous applicant. We wouldn't be able to determine from that how many applications they received from China. I've read that they do offer a phone/skype type of option if you're unable to do a face-to-face, but I'm not sure what they do with regard to going to interview in other countries.

Good luck, though! Hopefully they make it out there so you can have a face-to-face interview.

Thanks a lot and good luck! Adcom did mention about skype interview, but they probably will not use phone interview as they told me that “they really want to see the candidates.”
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.32
WE: Programming (Telecommunications)

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2012, 23:00
RyanCJW wrote:
It seems like a good portion of the R1 applicants received an interview invite - good luck with your interviews if they haven't already occurred!

Is anyone applying for R2? I scheduled my GMAT a little late and couldn't apply for R1 so I have applied for R2. I submitted my application last weekend. The deadline is approaching!

I'm applying for R2, submitted on deadline. No response yet. Good luck
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 07:13
jarodelf wrote:
RyanCJW wrote:

I'm applying for R2, submitted on deadline. No response yet. Good luck

Thanks! Same to you - look forward to seeing your updates.

I'm not expecting anything until December, just because of the holiday and because it seems that there are people interviewing into December so their office is probably extremely busy. Though it would be really nice to hear back sooner!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 3.43
WE: Other (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 10:55
I applied for the R2 deadline and am going through some mental anguish while I wait to hear from them. Any idea how long it could take?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 11:06
I applied R1 and didn't hear anything until almost 3 weeks after the deadline. It's been less than a week since the R2 deadline. I don't think you have any reason to be anxious at this point.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 3.43
WE: Other (Consulting)

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 12:09
^^I never said there was a reason behind my worrying but I think about it every day and it is extremely nerve-wrecking to put yourself on a piece of paper, then submit yourself to an arbitrary panel to decide if you are a match for the program or not.

Grrrr.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.8

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 23:44
done with my interview. It was not as straight forward as I had expected... the interviewer was quickly moving from one question to another, I hardly had any chance to relax.... he asked some bumper question which I did not expect. I had interview through skype and its echo was coming back and disturbing me, so I was irritated by the echo... be careful for this when you go for your interview. be ready to answer anything abt your essays and abt your target role/industry... dont fumble... My interview was around 30 min...
Intern
Intern

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 17:55
RyanCJW wrote:
ralphsong wrote:

Thank you so much! I got my interview invitation this morning. They are coming to Shanghai and Beijing on 3rd and 4th of January. Good luck to everyone!
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2012, 17:55